Help Using The Forums
I cant post in the forums
Please fully read the Gaining access to the forums section of the Forum Guidelines bellow.
I dont know where to post my question
Before starting a new thread do a search for existing threads that are already discussing what you want to talk about. Starting the same conversation in another thread just waters down both threads and things get disjointed. you might even find there is no need to start a new thread and you find the answer you were looking for anyway.
This forum is organized into categories that have been given descriptions to help you. Before starting a new thread take a moment to think where it would be best suited and save us the job of having to move it afterwards.
The categories we have at the moment should pretty much cover everything. If you are still stuck have a look through the forum categories and see what type of things other people are talking about and make your mind up that way
How do I manage forum reply email notifications
When you create a new thread or post to an existing thread you should see a checkbox near the submit button that allows you to choose whether you prefer to receive a notification to your email address once another user posts a reply. Once we email you a notication that there has been a reply to your thread we dont send you any further notifications for that particular thread until you have logged in and viewed the thread again. This is done so that you are not over run with email from the forums.
Should you prefer to not receive any notifications you can either unsubsribe to an individual thread or block all email notifications from the forums by adjusting your email notifications in the account preferences area of your settings page.
My forum post has been locked
Sometimes a thread has run its course, gotten out of hand or is old and no good to anyone. For those and many other reasons a thread may end up locked and no further posts can be made.
My forum post seems to have been removed
There are occasions where forum posts or whole threads get removed. This can be for a number of reasons and is at the discretion of the mods.
in some instances forum threads may be hidden while they are looked into and then may well come back or may end up permanently removed.
Please dont complain if a thread got removed as it wont help matters. Managing the forums can be a real pain so do what you can to make life easier for everyone involved.
Dont start a new thread complaining that your thread has been removed either. If it bothers you that much contact me directly.
You should also ensure you familiarise yourself with the forum posting guidelines before using the forums to help avoid any potential problems.
Forum Posting Guidelines
In order to keep the forums a fun and interesting place to be for everyone who visits we have to have and enforce the following forum guidelines. Please take a moment to read and understand the guidelines to avoid having your threads / posts removed or even your account suspended.
Gaining access to the forums
In order to cut down on spam and other problems the forums are by invite only. Dont worry though its simple to get access.
To gain access to the forums you must firstly do ALL of the following ;
Once you have done that get in touch and request access.
Before posting or starting a new thread
- Make sure you've read and fully understand the following guidelines
- Make sure you've searched the forums for existing posts on the same topic before starting a new one. If everyone uses the search box at the top of the page, we can avoid a lot of duplicate questions, and you may find answers to your questions more quickly.
Basic guidelines for interacting with others
- Be careful : Never share your email address or personal information in the forum.
- Be cool with each other : Most people you will meet on looperman are reasonable people and want to keep things friendly. Personal attacks, name-calling, calling people out or in any way intimidating or harassing other users is not permitted. This behaviour may result in a warning or suspension of your account.
- Be nice to the mods : The people who help run this site are real people and not just mindless robots. They do so for free and for the love of making the site a great place to be. Its a tough job but has to be done so give them some support and lets not make things any harder. We're always happy to hear your feedback, but please be constructive.
Guidelines for how to make posts
- Post must be worthwhile : Spamming the forums with links to your profiles on other sites, tracks you might have uploaded to youtube etc have little or no use to anyone apart from you and do nothing more then clog the forums. If you wish to post in the forums try and keep it interesting and on topic. Another example of this is using the forums for the sole purpose of promoting your tracks uploaded to looperman. The forums are meant as a means for discussion rather then self promotion.
- Posts must be easy for others to read : Please dont post in ALL CAPS or use excessive punctuation. All that does is make it harder for people to read and may well end up in your post being removed.
- New threads must go into the correct category : This forum is organized into categories that have been given descriptions to help you. Before starting a new thread take a moment to think where it would be best suited and save us the job of having to move it afterwards.
- New threads should have a good title : The best way to make sure your new thread gets seen by the most people is to make sure you give it a useful title. Simply saying something like "Check This", "I Need Help" or "Need A Rapper" doesn't inspire anyone to read your post. When choosing a title take into account what people might search for and use good keywords in your title. For example instead of saying "Help With Fruity Loops" try "How Do I Set The BPM In SL Studio 10". I'm sure you get the idea.
- Dont "Bump" threads : your thread is no more important then anyone elses and so dont try and force it to the top of the list. Users seen to be doing this will have those threads locked and their access to the forums removed.
- Reporting Bugs or problems : If you're reporting a bug or something has gone wrong try and give us some information to go on. Simply saying yadda yadda doesn't work wont help us fix things.
Ground rules for what not to post
Posts shouldn't contain the following types of materials. If you post these types of content, you or your post may be removed.
- Spam : In this forum, we're all responsible for keeping the community spam-free. Spam includes, but is not limited to, any promotional, commercial, or adult content, multiple instances of the same post, posts with URLs unrelated to the question, and the transmission of malware, viruses, or anything that may disrupt service or harm others.
- Collaboration Spam : posts containing little more then a link to another site and no attempt to interact with other users on this site are classed as spam, are not allowed and will be removed. If you wish to use the forums to look for other users to work with dont then tell them to leave the site to go to another site in order to work with you.
- Piracy / Warez : Anyone using the forums to promote or try to find or exchange cracked, stolen, warez software or VSTs, posting links to torrent sites or in any way attempting to obtain or distribute software or music in such a way as it becomes a copyright or theft issue will be removed from the forums and potentially have their profile suspended.
- Crowd sourcing : Posts asking for people to LIKE your facebook page, check out your youtube channel or join your own site are considered as spam too as they give very little back and are simply unpaid ads or self promotion.
- Nudity and sexually explicit material. We don't allow nudity or sexually explicit or vulgar material. We also don't allow content that drives traffic to commercial pornography sites.
- Violent or bullying behaviour : Don't threaten, harass, or bully other users. This includes using profanity to abuse others.
- Hate speech : We don't allow the promotion of hatred toward groups of people based on their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity.
- Bad Language / Swearing : Yes, I'm sure we all do it but there is no need to drop the f bomb or use other bad language in the forums or anywhere else on the site for that matter. The site is used by all ages, schools, colleges etc and put simply if you cant say it without swearing, being vulgar or offensive dont say it..
- Impersonation : We don't allow impersonation of others or other behaviour that is misleading or intended to be misleading.
- Hijacking a thread : Please try and keep to the original thread topic where possible. If you have something off topic to say start a new thread rather then using someone elses.
- Private & confidential information : We don't allow unauthorized publishing of people's private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, Social Security Numbers, driver's and other license numbers, or any other information that is not publicly accessible.
- Copyright : We will respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. Please contact us in regards of copyright material by using the Contact page
By posting in this forum, you agree to abide by the aforementioned guidelines. Breaking these guidelines may result in your post being removed, and severe abuses may lead to harsher penalties. We reserve the right to change these guidelines at any point in our efforts to keep the forum clean, user-friendly, and safe. If you believe that someone is violating these posting guidelines, contact us and let us know the problem and we'll look into it.
Let's work together to keep this forum a clean and friendly environment.