U-he - TyrellN6
Tyrell is the name of a project by the German online magazine Amazona.de. A reader survey and follow-on forum posts provided a pool of ideas for a low-cost HARDWARE analogue synth, which Mic 'Moogulator' Irmer collected and used to develop quite a powerful concept. Based on a design similar to Roland's classic Juno 60, a few modules and novel features could be added without making the product too expensive...
However, it soon became obvious that developing the hardware would have taken years, so I (Urs) offered to turn the core design into a freeware softsynth. That was late 2010. Only a few weeks later, TyrellN6 was out for beta testing! After some serious bug-fixing and fine tuning, the final release version became available in April 2011.
In April 2013 we released TyrellN6 version 3, which now supports VST3. The new user interface was designed by Ryo Ishido.
Download TyrellN6 from here: Amazona TyrellN6 V3 (go to page 3 of the German blurb, and scroll down until you see the Mac/PC file links).
- new skin designed for Amazona.de by Ryo Ishido
- smooth overdrive in the oscillator mixer
- filter output can be fed back into the mixer
- unison mode, with voice index modulation source
- envelopes can be looped or triggered via LFO
- envelopes retrigger just like classic hardware