Created in 2005 and still going strong. Podolski is a free, straightforward, CPU-efficient virtual analogue synthesizer. One oscillator, one filter, one envelope and an arpeggiator / sequencer. Simple, but with a few tricks up its sleeve. Create high quality sounds with ease.
Podolski is a simple, CPU-efficient virtual analogue synthesizer. Basically a cut down version of FilterscapeVA with just one oscillator, one filter, one envelope and two LFOs, it also features a Zebra-style arpeggiator/sequencer plus chorus and delay effects.
Podolski's specialities are the Click parameter (emphasizes the filter attack) and its ability to seamlessly morph between three waveforms (WaveWarp).
For this current version, the factory library was overhauled, the TUC Toys soundset was integrated into the main library, all factory presets have been tagged and Podolski is now NKS-ready.
Podolski has been refurbished with some new presets by Howard Scarr, has undergone a GUI makeover (two new skins) and supports a wider range of plug-in formats. A new English language manual is also included.
Version 1.0 was released as a free gift for visitors to the u-he booth during Musikmesse 2005. Right after Musikmesse it went on the cover mount CD of the German Keyboards magazine (later Sound & Recording). Podolski was u-he's first "magware" offering, and was distributed with every issue until about 2009.
- Oscillator with variable symmetry (sawtooth to triangle, PWM) and glide
- Polyphonic (up to 16 voices), mono, legato and arpeggiator modes
- 4 envelope modes: ADSR or HDSR, linear or exponential. Sustain has Fall/Rise control
- Multimode filter: lowpass, bandpass or highpass with drive and FM
- Combination arpeggiator / 16-step sequencer with extra modulation source
- Skinnable UI
- Over 300 factory presets