Our good friend Ian Shepherd who you might remember from a previous guest blog post where we discussed the loudness war and Dynamic Range Day has been busy creating a brand new video tutorial course where he explains how to unlock your Home Mastering ‘Instinct for EQ’
What is the course about ?
Home Mastering EQ is a “deep dive” into using EQ in mastering with almost 5 hours of downloadable HD videos using a whole new set of musical examples, entirely focused on EQ, EQ and only EQ.
During the course you'll find out ..
- The crucial step you must take before using any EQ
- The difference between EQ balance and EQ matching - and why it matters
- Why analogue and digital EQs are different, and when to use them
- How to “speak EQ” using keywords to remember how different frequencies sound
- How to translate the way EQ makes you feel into knowing what your music needs
What is included in each video ?
Video One : Introduction
- The goal of EQ in mastering
- A simple rule of thumb that will help you decide what your music should sound like
- The ten key “pivot” frequencies you should work with first
- How to decide if you should boost or cut
Video Two : Bass
- The difference between “punch” and “thump”
- How EQ affects our perception of the mix – and how it DEPENDS on the mix
- How to instantly choose the right place to boost the bass – almost every time
Video Three : Mid-range
- How “Q” values need to change for a natural sound at any frequency
- How to get a ringing, energetic strumming quality from the guitars
- The REAL secret of “analogue warmth”
Video Four : Top
- The dangers of adding top end
- How to decide between “shelf” or “bell” EQ
- How hearing too much can tell you what’s missing
Video Five : Techniques
- Using “mid-side” EQ
- The dangers of “frequency sculpting”
- When boosting and cutting at the same time is a worthwhile exercise
- How to use your “muscle memory” to help remember the right EQ
30 day money back guarantee
There's a 30-day "no questions asked" refund guarantee if you decide it's not for you, and you get to keep anything you've downloaded.
So if you're not sure, why not sign up now and see how you get on ?
How Do I Win This Course ?
We have one FREE copy of the Home Mastering EQ Course available and to be in with a chance of winning it you must do BOTH of the following.
- Share this page on facebook / twitter / Google plus etc using the share buttons bellow
- Leave a comment below saying why you would like to win
The competition is open to looperman members only and a winner will be chosen at random Monday 24th June.
Special Introductory Offer – 33% Discount
For a limited time only get 30% off the regular price You pay only $67.00
Click Here to read more information on what you can learn from this 5 hour video course.
Any problems just let us know