SN01/SN01-G is a dynamic range compression plug-in, inspired by two classic VCA buss compressors of UK and US variety. It has switchable linked feed-forward/feedback topology, with highly variable knee, optional internal side-chain filtering and ‘push’ effect, and adjustable wet/dry ratio. The plug-in is designed to work both as musically pleasing buss glue while also being an efficient channel insert with low ASIO/CPU footprint.
Maybe it would be also useful to add that the effect works in stereo, i.e. you can put it on both mono and stereo tracks. I think that it’s a pretty much given in this day and age, but just in case anyone would wonder.
Well, if you are in need of a VCA like compressor with the ability to adjust all meaningful parameters of audio compression process, one that’s without excessive digital fakery of so-called ‘mojo’ (whatever that means), SN01-G is made for you. If, on top of it all, you like to play it solely by ear, SN01 is your match made in heaven.
- threshold from +20dB to -20dB (zero mark is at -20dBFS)
- ratio from 1:1 (no compression) to infinity (brick-wall)
- gain up to +24dB
- attack in range from 0.03ms to 30ms
- release in range from 50ms to 2 seconds
- adjustable knee width 0-24dB (0dB = hard-knee)
- adjustable knee strength (0% = hard knee)
- 2 optional filters for internal side-chain
- optional ‘push’ effect for more extreme compression
- dry/wet control for parallel compression (0-100%)
- switchable topology (feed-forward/feedback)
- no saturation modelling
We dont host any software files here. The download button will take you to the Sender Spike website where you can download the software direct.Download SN01 VCA Compressor From Sender Spike Website