Plugin Alliance - SPL Free Ranger
An EQ processing straightly reveals the sound quality of a software – probably better than any other processing tool. Therefore, the Free Ranger ideally demonstrates the amazing qualities of our Analog Code plug-ins.
The Free Ranger is based upon the Full Ranger-EQ from our EQ Rangers series. It is limited to four – we think very useful – bands:
- 16?kHz center frequency – Boost: Glitter, brilliance, air.
- 1,8kHz center frequency – this is THE EQ test frequencies. An EQ that sounds good here is a good EQ. Therefore it makes a lot of sense to compare EQs in that range. Applications examples: Boost for more bass definition and presence, cut reduces metal for brass.
- 150 Hz center frequency – Boost: more warmth for everything, main impact of bass instruments, fuller, fatter snares. Cut for vocals: avoids collision with bass.
- 40 Hz center frequency – Boost: in general fuller sounds, deep bass punch (kick drum). Cut: reduces booming sounds and sub harmonic interferences.
- All SPL Analog Code plug-ins support mouse wheel control for rotary controls and faders. Place the mouse cursor over a rotary control or fader and move the wheel or scroll ball of your mouse to adjust the control or fader. Hold the CTRL (Windows) or APPLE/COMMAND key while moving the wheel or scroll ball for fine adjustments with higher control resolution.