My name is Wayne and have been home recording since Spring 2006. I started my music training with drum lessons in elementary school followed by singing in the school and district chorus and keyboard lessons for several years through jr. high school. Started playing acoustic guitar and bass guitar about the age of 18, just over 30 years ago.
Started playing mandolin and electric guitars when I started recording in 2006 and just started playing the harmonica. Was interested in learning to loop and midi and that's what brought me to Looperman.
I was in various forms of the same band for 18 or so years until recently. We played punk/alt/folk originals and covers and did the GB band for a few years, doing weddings, functions and sometimes playing songs on the spot by pulling out the sheet music and going for it. It made for some fun nights on stage when you are playing a song you have never heard before.
- Jaco Pastorius 1962 reissue Fender Jazz bass guitar, simply the best instrument I've ever played!
- Ovation Acoustic Bass Guitar, my backup.
- Epiphone Riviera P93 semi hollow bodied electric guitar.
- Johnson mandolin
- classical and acoustic guitar
- Percussion instruments like the cabasa, clave, guiro, coctail shaker, tambo
Ableton Live Suite 9
Logic Pro 9
Toontrack EZ Drummer
- KRK Rokit 8 studio monitors
- Fender Hot Rod DeVille guitar amp, 2 x 12, 60w, groove tubes
- Fender BXR 200 bass amp - solid state
- M Audio Axiom 25 Keyboard controller
- Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
- AKG Perception 200 condenser mic for vocals, acoustic instruments and percussion
- AKG D40 dynamic instrument mic for amps and drums
- imac 27" 16 gb ram
Jeff Tweedy, the Sheepdogs, Chet Atkins, Molly Tuttle, Grizzly Bear, Blaze Foley, the Hackensaw Boys, Deerhoof, the Pine Box Boys, everybody here...
The Clash - London Calling
REM - Murmer
Jim Carroll - Catholic Boy
Dire Straits - Self entitled debut album
the Beatles - Let it Be
All Louis Prima music
All Johnny Cash Music
All Elvis Presley Music
Nirvana - Nevermind
The Clash - Self entitled first album
NIN - Pretty Hate Machine
The Plimsouls - Everywhere at Once
Joe Strummer and Mick Jones of the Clash, the Everly Brothers and Buddy Holly, Tom Petty, Johnny Cash, Elvis, the Beatles, Paul Weller(the Jam), Jeff Tweedy(wilco,)Uncle Tupelo, R.E.M, U2, the Ramones.
Folk mixed with punk with some pop influences with some latin rhythms and a bit of surf and some gypsy thrown in. Some tracks have been described as Spaghetti Western.
Originally from Massachusetts and now living in Florida, I'm retired due to medical issues and I have more time now to get into my hobbies. Once in a while I'll paint watercolor and oil paintings, long live Bob Ross! I have a small vegetable garden, I enjoy living at the beach, bicycling and swimming in the ocean. I do not enjoy sharks, jellyfish and stepping on crabs.