Hi, my names Dan (aka DJ BOA), im a 28 year old DJ/producer. I have been heavily into music since i was 12 and started dj'ing when i was 16. Im fairly new to producing (only 3 years in) but am very excited about producing my own interpretation of the music i have grown up with and love...Drum and bass, breakbeat and lately...dubstep
The software i use is logic pro 7, but hopefully upgrading soon.
Apple Mac G5,
Evolution - MK-249C2 keyboard,
emagic - mt4,
native instruments - Audio Kontrol 1 sound card,
Tapco - S8 Active studio monitors
Access - Virus c Synth
1. Rusko - All material
2. Danny Byrd - Supersized lp
3. London Electricity - Syncopated city lp
4. Raiden - The Firm lp
5. Dizzee Rascal - Maths and English
6. Jenna G - For Lost souls
7. Mr Scruff - Trouser Jazz
8. Best of - John Lee Hooker
9. Prodigy - Fat of the land
10. Jurrasic 5 - Quality Control
So many to mention......
1. Ed Rush and Optical - Wormhole lp
2. Bad Company - Digital Nation lp
3. High Contrast - True Colours lp
4. John Coltrane - Blue Train
5. Prodigy - Experience
6. Biz Markie - Weekend Warrior
7. Q Tip - Amplified
8. Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill
9. DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
10. Mr Scruff - Keep it unreal
Again so many to mention....
I consider my influences to be varied across the board and not just in drum and bass. I have been and also still continue to be influenced by, jazz, hip hop, rock, house, blues, instremental and experimental. i love listening to music that has feeling, no matter what that feeling is. Drawing on my influences i then try to inject that feeling into my own productions.
Hopefully my own....Rolling beats, funk filled vibes, enticing bass, sweet atmospherics. General mood making music.
For a day job - painting & Decorating and livinig life to the full.
Wish i could do music all the time......