Metallurgy is a multi-effect that is capable of providing sounds ranging from basic, subtle, filter tweaks to twisted, complex, walls of sound that bare virtually no resemblance to the original audio.
Metallurgy offers 3 filters with multiple modulation options (including step sequencing), 2 distortions (each with 3 modes), 2 down-samplers, dual delay, an envelope follower, a gate sequencer, and a Metal effect that, in addition to flanging and metallic effects, also provides the ability to produce pitched sequences, nearly turning Metallurgy into a synth in its own right.
Metallurgy has been designed with synths, bass, and drums in mind, but is useful with a wide range of sound types and comes with over 500 categorized patches.
- Randomizers are provided for most sections.
- MIDI CC control over nearly all parameters.
- Host BPM sync for LFOs and sequencers.
- Mono signal path.
- MIDI note control of the Metal pitch/gate.
- Pan sequencing (as part of the gate sequencer).
- Pan control for each filter + pan modulation.
- Metal effect:
- Used for metallic sounds, flanging, and sequenced notes.
- 16 step pitch sequencer with a 5 octave note range, portamento, and sequence length.
- Low pass, band pass, and high pass.
- All 3 filters can function at the same time, running in parallel.
- Each filter has its own LFO.
- 16 step sequencer with mod amount control for each filter, glide, and sequence length.
- Each filter has its own volume control.
- Filth 1 and 2; each includes:
- Distortion with 3 modes.
- LFO controls the down-samplers (8 modes, including positive and negative options).
- Filth 1 = pre filter, Filth 2 = post filter.
- Gate sequencer:
- 16 steps.
- Gate length control.
- Mix control.
- Dual Delay:
- Each has its own time controls.
- Stereo width adjustment.
- Envelope follower:
- Modulate any/all of the 3 filter cutoffs.
- Modulate Metal time + the Metal's all pass filter.
- Amount, attack and decay controls.