Fircomp is a free compressor with perfect curves
Clean compressor with punchy attack, musical release, and optional lookahead smoothing, for tracks or busses. Zero/low latency and low CPU. Warm distortion at extreme settings.
- Simple UI and fast workflow
- Attack stage tuned for punch. True zero attack (same-sample) when "0.0 ms" is selected
- Dual parallel release stage with musical, highly program-dependent behaviour. Avoids needing to use multiple compressors in series!
- Easy sidechain filtering options for common mixing situations
- Optional smooth digital FIR lookahead gain smoothing with perfect timing and no artefacts, resulting in the minimum possible distortion
- Low CPU DSP code written in a mix of C++ and SSE intrinsics. Insert on every track without a second thought!
- Fully 64-bit audio path used for all DSP calculations
- Zero latency with lookahead off. With lookahead on, compensated latency of 64, 128, or 256 samples depending on sample rate (approximately 1.3 to 1.5 ms)