Meet the PCM2612 Retro Decimator Unit , a bitcrusher effect plug-in with a distinctive legacy. Based on the work we made on the RYM2612 Iconic FM Synthesizer, our tribute emulation of the Sega Genesis sound chip, the 8-bit decimation is inherited from the FM synth’s PCM playback feature, packed in a simple and compact effect unit.
Modern music styles that are composed in a digital environment evolves in a paradox: powered by highly capable and transparent digital converters, they rely on effect simulations to add imperfections and get a vintage soul. Either in an analog or digital fashion, the induced sonic flaws give charm and character to a sound signal that’s otherwise too perfect or too cold.
- 32-steps scalable 8-bit decimation
- Dry / Wet level knob
- Stereo / Mono switch
- Switchable output filtering between Legacy (modeled after the Sega Genesis Model 1 amp output circuitry) and Crystal Clear (purely digital)
- Graphical interface scaling options (1x, 1.5x, 2x)
- Switchable graphical form factor (vertical box or horizontal rack)
- Low CPU usage
- Our first native Linux and Apple Silicon plug-in
We dont host any software files here. The download button will take you to the Inphonik website where you can download the software direct.Download PCM2612 Retro Decimator From Inphonik Website