Pultec is passive eq with gain stage at the end. Simple but awesome design. I changed this design and added switchable gain stage. Pre and Post gain stage!
Pultec has its own gain stage at the end and when we boost low or high too much, gain stage will react according to eq moves. That's the special design of Pultec.
But if we place gain stage before eq section, we can saturate signal at the unity gain without changing character by eq section and use eq without side effects of output gain stage.
Pultec has SRPP design and really colorful. So, it will saturate and compress especially low frequencies. But when we switch Pre Gain Stage, our low boost will give same harmonic character as flat. Also, we can keep highs from gain stage and this will make highs cleaner! With this feature, we can use Pultec without any harmonic changes while we use eq section.
- GAIN: Will set gain stage pre or post eq
- CPS Low Frequency: Low frequency switch
- CPS Low Boost: Low frequency boost
- CPS Low Atten: Low frequency atten
- KCS High Frequency: High frequency switch
- KCS High Boost: High frequency boost
- ATTEN SEL High Atten: High atten frequency switch
- ATTEN: High frequency atten
- POWER: Bypass
- OUTPUT: Output control