Surge XT is a subtractive hybrid synthesizer.
Each patch contain 2 scenes which are separate instances of the entire synthesis engine (except effects) that can be used to create layered or split patches. Quick category-based patch browser with textual search and favourites. 2779 patches, 614 wavetables.
- 3 oscillators per scene, with 12 versatile oscillator algorithms: Classic, Modern, Wavetable, Window, Sine, FM2, FM3, String, Twist, Alias, S&H Noise and Audio Input.
- Classic oscillator is a morphable pulse/saw/dual saw oscillator with a sub-oscillator and hard sync.
- Modern oscillator is a mixable saw/pulse/triangle oscillator with an optional sub-oscillator mode for triangle (which can also change to sine or square) and hard sync.
- FM2/FM3 oscillators consist of a carrier and 2 or 3 modulators and various options.
- String oscillator uses two filtered waveguides to emulate plucked or bowed string sounds.
- Twist oscillator is based on a very famous Eurorack macro oscillator, and it offers a myriad of synthesis options in a very simple and quick way.
- Most algorithms (except FM2, FM3, Twist and Audio Input) offer up to 16-voice unison at the oscillator level.
- Oscillator FM in 3 different configurations and ring modulation between oscillators 1-2 and 2-3.
- Most oscillator algorithms (except FM2, FM3, Sine and Alias) are strictly band-limited, yet still cover the entire audible spectrum, delivering a clear, punchy and clean sound.
- Noise generator with variable spectrum (available directly in the oscillator mixer).