Official Rookiecop Remix Competition Vote Now

Posts 1 - 25 of 76
  1. 1
    Looperman : Tue 13th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

As the competition is now in its voting stage all discussion has been moved to this thread.

If you need to see what has gone on before please refer to the original thread where the submission rules were explained.

https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/91794

Do not start any new threads regarding the competition or any track entered into the competition.

The rules and guidelines for the voting stage are as follows.

Where Do We Hear The Tracks Submitted
    We've created a profile with all the tracks submitted and listed them in a random order.

https://www.looperman.com/users/profile/385526

Voting Rules

The voting stage will last for one month and will end at midnight GMT on 18th May 2010 (we added a few days on to allow for a few lost tracks)
    Anyone can vote
    Only one set of votes per user. Duplicate accounts opened simply to cheat the votes will have the votes discarded and the duplicate and original accounts banned and deleted.
    All tracks have the artist and title hidden so you wont know who submitted what. Vote on the best track, not your favourite artist
    Do not try and let anyone know which track is yours if you have submitted a remix
    You may vote for your own track
    You must not dicuss the tracks in the forums yet and reviews have been disabled during voting. You can talk about them when the voting closes.
    How To Submit Your Votes

Your votes must be submitted by using the contact form via the profile where the entries have been uploaded.
    https://www.looperman.com/users/profile/385526
    You must choose the best 5 tracks from all the submissions and send them as follows..

1st - Track 6
    2nd - Track 20
    3rd - Track 12
    4th - Track 9
    5th - Track 14
    If you dont send 5 tracks your vote wont count

How Will We Work Out the Results

Once the votes are in we'll add up the scores and then update the tracks list with the details of whos track was whos as well as the order they came in.

For every 1st place a track gets it will be awarded 5 points, 2nd gets 4 points, 3rd gets 3 etc etc.

Scoring things this way make sure that everyone has a fair chance and in the last competition we ran using this method the end results were very close so its important that you take the time to cast your votes.

If you have any further questions just add them to this thread.

Good luck to everyone who submitted a track, there are some great remixes and once again it goes to show the talent that can be found here on looperman.

2. 279614
    AwakeningComp : Tue 13th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

Rowena - can we discuss the tracks now or leave reviews?

3. 374963
    rookiecop : Tue 13th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

Sorry Rowena I wasnt signed in properly - that question was from me!

4. 355418
    Djabel : Tue 13th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

Hey there, some realy good remixes in the comp! but can you imagine how gutted you would be if you submited a remix and it wasn't there?? well unfortunately that is what has happened to me! I have messaged the loops himself about this but i dont know what can be done, i feel like shedding a tear :( i put in a great deal of time and effort into this comp and iv'e missed out through no fault of my own!!! Frus-tra-ted!! Abel

5. 1

Djabel, Im looking into your missing track.

Rookie - The rules have been updated to answer your question. Discussion and review of tracks is closed until the votes over so everyone gets a fair deal.

6. 355418
    Djabel : Tue 13th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

Thankyou so much, i realy apreciate it :)

7. 116269
    DextDee : Tue 13th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

how was the turn out looperman?

8. 373819
    Unknown User : Tue 13th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

Dear Looperman, like Djabel i didn't make the cut either (I'll show you all one day, shakes his fist), but can you tell us how many entrants there were so i can quantify just how badly i did.

p.s. some of the tracks show the artist name in the track time scrolling bar thing.

9. 1

@brotherJack - mhyst will update the thread later with some more info.

There is a chance if your track did not make it then it did not fit in with the submission guidelines.

we'll find out more later though

10. 385526
    rookiecopremixcomp : Tue 13th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

Hi everyone, some of the entries got flagged as spam and did not ever reach the mailbox. I have now retrieved the lost entries and they have been added to the list. I am sorry about this error, my mailbox automatically removes the spam so I never see it.

Anyway, the good news is that nobody has been DQ'd from the comp for any reason and the quality really is high!

11. 583767
    eshar : Tue 13th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

I see it says that "you may vote for your own track" is that a mis-type?

12. 1

na, i thought people may as well, they have to choose 4 others too so it will all work out in the end

13. 221070
    Finn69 : Tue 13th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

I feel I should say, this must be the hardest vote I've ever had to cast. Congratulations everyone on a superb bunch of remixes.

14. 330969
    DFury : Wed 14th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

Indeed, the quality and creativity of tracks is so good that it didn't feel fully appropriate to set aside a vote for myself. Thanks for the competition Looperman, this was a blast. - DF

15. 208146
    SeamlessBeats : Wed 14th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

I am still in the process of listening to the tracks. So far I agree that the quality is very high for this comp. Wish everyone the best with this. I should have my votes in tonight.

16. 279101
    Unknown User : Wed 14th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

Really good remixes, respect to you all, but my remix is still gone... It was a dnb remix, with some hi-hats at the beginning. Looks like i was unlucky. Sad...

17. 318543
    profplum : Wed 14th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

cant find my track in the list

18. 373819
    Unknown User : Wed 14th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

Thankyou for finding and including my lost entry.

I can't vote for my own track because i voted before mine was put up. Damnation.

Will there be a points table at the end to know how we all did?

19. 1
    Looperman : Wed 14th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

jack, if you want to resubmit your vote and let the team know im sure that will be fine.

if anyone cant find their track and they think it should be there then send a message to the same place you sent your tracks or contact mhyst directly

https://www.looperman.com/users/profile/203623

20. 203623
    mhyst : Wed 14th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

You may resubmit your votes as long as you put the subject line as VOTE RESUBMISSION so we know!

21. 203623
    mhyst : Wed 14th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

I have searched the spam boxes and junk boxes, I have no more entries, so any that are not showing must never have reached us.
    I have checked for any that could have gone to the other box as well and there aren't any in there.

We can only apologise for the missing few :-(

22. 385526
    rookiecopremixcomp : Wed 14th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

PAY ATTENTION ALL!

There have been far too many lost remixes. The Fusion Room does not like to see so many disappointed people so here's what we are going to do.

No more voting please.

All the people who's remixes are not on here yet, please resend them directly to

We will close the comp for 24 hours to allow everyone to do this.

We will then reopen voting FROM SCRATCH. None of the previous votes will count.

Thanks All!

23. 279101
    Unknown User : Thu 15th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

And now others have to wait for me...Still thanks every1 for still accepting my remix, i appreciate it fully, but i swear god up the heaven that i sent it to ya, maybe there was an internet error, or who knows what else. Still thank you ! And guys who have to vote again, im sorry, if it was my fault...

24. 230419
    blackryan : Thu 15th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

Lets hope the random order gets changed too!

25. 282207
    Unknown User : Thu 15th Apr 2010 : 12 years ago

how do we get to know if our tracks reached the comp call me stupid were do i vote and were do i here the entrys

Posts 1 - 25 of 76

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.