Posts 151 - 162 of 162
  1. 636839
    simmerdown : Fri 12th Nov 2010 : 9 years ago

quite a tale becca, and bravery in putting it up here hang in there

glad to see this thread pulled up again, one the best there has been

2. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Fri 12th Nov 2010 : 9 years ago

@Jahknow
    Wow a very exciting life you lead as you also told me you played some Funk with one of the original members of the Funk Band the "Ohio Players".

Me, not as exciting as Jahknow. I mentioned earlier today I served in the U.S. Army in the mid '80's in my late teens at the end of the cold war.

Assigned to armored infrantry and station what was known at time as West Germany and also when the Berlin wall was up. No actual wartime just some very tense hair trigger moments.

Actually celebrated in the real Oktober Fest, Whew Hoo!

Once had an at Home PC Service company, certified in many PC industry standard qualifications.

3. 435244
    Thethanx : Fri 12th Nov 2010 : 9 years ago

Well apparently my story didn't post so lemme try this again.

Can't said I've got a whole lot of dangerous or exciting filled stories, but I did meet an honest to god leperchaun. (Yea I wouldn't believe it either if it didn't happen to me)

The Short(ish) version

After a rainy day and May 4 of us bored kids decide to find the end of one of the biggest rainbows I've ever seen. We drive out into the middle of nowhere VT on some dirt road and finally agree that if the rainbow is coming down anywhere, it's in the field we were next too.

Feeling accomplished we continue driving and not more than 30 meters down the road we pass an old man with a long beard, wearing all green rain gear (Parka AND pants) sitting on his green bicycle just STARING at the rainbow and field.

After picking our jaws off the floor I convince my friends to turn around, promising (lying through my teeth) not to mention anything about leperchauns to him.

As we approach I roll down my window and say:
    "excuse me sir, we couldn't help but wonder if you were the leperchaun and maybe had a pot of gold for us?"

The man smiled at me and replied:
    "The real question is; what is Wealth?"

"Uh well I guess I never really thought about it."
    I replied, and we rolled up our window and rolled on. Discussing what wealth was and what wealth we had in our lives.

Since that day I have come to realize that even though I don't come from a RICH family, I am by far one of the wealthiest people I know. I guess I got my gold.

sometimes fact is stranger than fiction.

4. 285149
    vigwig : Fri 12th Nov 2010 : 9 years ago

I just underwent a buccal mucosa urethroplasty where the surgeon opened me up and found much to his urprise that someone had already tried that! It really caught me off guard: You'd think I'd remember if anyone had laid open my &^%$#@ at ANY time previously in my life!!

5. 636839
    simmerdown : Fri 12th Nov 2010 : 9 years ago

LOL vig, huhh??

awesome thx! like that

6. 83445
    JohnBoutilier : Fri 12th Nov 2010 : 9 years ago

I killed 33 people while I served with the CIA, no not that CIA, The Culinary Institute of America. It wasn't my fault, it was bad british beef. LOL

On a serious note, On July 2nd 1979, I was involved in a car accident and was dead for almost 2 minutes. Funny thing is I remember seeing the machine flatline. I tried to move, but, of course, couldn't. I even tried to move my eyelids, same result. Then I felt cold air in my lungs and thought to myself "so this is death, its not so bad". After that, darkness.

7. 83445
    JohnBoutilier : Fri 12th Nov 2010 : 9 years ago

@ vigwig, so how many times have you been abducted by and operated on by alien visitors?

Seriously, the doctor thought you had already had the procedure? Wow.

8. 265632
    WeazelBeats : Fri 12th Nov 2010 : 9 years ago

wow that's all pretty extreme...

(hard to explain in english but I'll give it a try)
    worst accident I've ever had:
    When I was a little boy, my finger got slammed between the hinge of a door, and now I can't bend my left ring finger anymore :(
    It's also almost a centimeter shorter than my other ring finger and the nail on that finger looks like a staple!

9. 285149
    vigwig : Fri 12th Nov 2010 : 9 years ago

@john boutiler- Good one. It may explain why I look like I had a smurf transplant organ. The nurse asked if I was an organ donor and I said "Organ, I don't even have a piano!"

10. 438673
    DJSchmeeJ : Fri 12th Nov 2010 : 9 years ago

I started my DJ career on air in East Texas on KFOX 95 as "Lefty Chainsaw" after fixing the copier there! Since then I have ran lighting for Chet Atkins, met the real Coach Leonard Skinner (got Skynyrds CD autographed), and performed for a crowd of over 14,000 people!
    I had a massive heart attack 4 years ago, and was checking out! I was one of the 1st heart patients in the US to undergo the cold cath heart proceedure as an uninsured guinea pig!
    And I had a religious experience that no one would believe, but changed my life and gave me proof that God is REAL!!!

11. 438673
    DJSchmeeJ : Fri 12th Nov 2010 : 9 years ago

IQ is 133
    I have to say after saying that...that I usually post stuff at around 5am. I am the worst typist on here...so my typos are just fat fingering the keys cause my brain works faster than my fingers...and I always mispell guiatr...see...guitar!

12. 482418
    Cinas : Fri 12th Nov 2010 : 9 years ago

I own a lot of pink things. You'd never know unless you were in my house but yes. My laptop case, lamp, mousepad, pens, lyrics journal. I have a hot pink sharpie on my keychain at all times. How hardcore is that!?!

Posts 151 - 162 of 162

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads