We Want To Know

Posts 51 - 75 of 162
  1. 83445
    JohnBoutilier : Mon 5th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

When I was 19, I was dead for 2 mins on the operating table after our car was hit side on outside of New Waterford, Cape Breton. My family learned about the accident by hearing on the radio that I was killed.

2. 254504
    Unknown User : Mon 5th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

I was at a party with some friends and one of them knock out (too much wishkey) and we put him on the roof of his house, don't worry he could fall! Then he woke up and he sat on the roof the whole day XD

3. 230755

I cheated in my A'level math exam. AND in my LLB finals.

4. 247253
    n0mad23 : Mon 5th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

I monkey wrenched my lawyer employers' projects for 3 years so I could sleep at night. I never got caught, and the statute of limitations is finally over!

5. 230755

lol no way! On another note, Nomad, why don't you give legal practice another go? Diversify, be the contradiction, that sort of thing. Just wondering. But monkey wrenching projects lol I'm gonna start doing that from tomorrow!

6. 172885
    NateMonoxide : Mon 5th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

I'm not too interesting really. My town was the first to switch over to Digital TV. I haven't owned a TV in years so I was probably the only person who wasn't affected. That's how non-interesting I am.

7. 247253
    n0mad23 : Mon 5th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

@NateMonoxide - WTF!?! That's like uber-historic man! First town to go digital and you don't have TV?

Yeah!

Welcome to nonHistory. You now occupy the niches that the historians dare not go. I'm proud of you, and offer up a position in the honorary clan.

@dv8 - not an effing chance! I was an English professor for 8 years just to absolve myself of the sins committed in those legal offices! I've checked the karma-scales and it looks like I'm currently in pretty good shape. With a handful of exceptions (yourself being forefront) I'm still thinking Shakespeare had it right. Have a listen to my "Butterfly Opens," and you'll see there's still some viciousness in this heart-o-mine.

8. 286783
    BadKonexion : Tue 6th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

I have cyclothymic disorder (or bipolar III for those who don't know what it is). I believe it is the reason for my music and both seem to help each other. I'm slightly medicated and stable.

I also put myself through university selling all types of naughty stuff, to become a qualified medicinal chemist. Irony?

BK

9. 357283
    Marius9 : Tue 6th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

When I was a kid I lived in a small town in north-central Wisconsin. Since the cops had nothing better to do, we would purposely break the curfew law and taunt, then run from them between 3 and 6 in the morning, leading them on wild goose chases through swamps, lakes, and anything else that would otherwise be really inconvenient for someone in uniform. It was all fun and games (for years, literally) until we got caught with no place to hide at the fairgrounds and got guns pulled on us by two rookie cops! We got curfew and prowling tickets, and our parents were none too thrilled with us. That was the last summer I ever spent in Antigo, WI.

Also, I just got into riding casterboards (ripsticks and Waveboards to the layman), from going on a spur of the moment adventure to Casterfest 2010 in Southern Texas. I ride almost every day now. I can still barely go, and get scared when I hit 10 miles per hour, but I have a lot of fun with it.

10. 135539
    Birdy : Tue 6th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

I have 26 nipples and my bones are made of kevlar. On a more accurate note, at 16 I was the proud owner of an ASBO and my antics made the national newspapers.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/4844566.stm
    There we are. Honestly the whole thing was a joke, me and my friends were strung up as examples. I can laugh about it now, at the time it was utter hell.

11. 636839
    simmerdown : Tue 6th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

Nice one Birdy! WooHoo!

12. 62363
    OneVizun : Tue 6th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

Washington post did a story on a few soldiers about what we do when we are not in the figh. Basically on our off time.

im the one in the middle.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A3136-2004Dec15?language=printer

13. 156145
    Unknown User : Tue 6th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

well i have an I.Q of 139-different for a rapper ha

and i am a high rise pump operator so those 50 or so story buldings hotels and whatever not...i have the skillz and knowledge to build them from the ground up

and i have 2 children 1 girl and one on the way so a lil bit of stuff

14. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Tue 6th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

I'd like to show a breakdown chart for relative IQ scores

Over 140 - Genius or near genius

120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence

110 - 119 - Superior intelligence

90 - 109 - Normal or average intelligence

80 - 89 - Dullness

70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency

Under 70 - Definite feeble-mindedness

Now make your own mind up folks

15. 286783
    BadKonexion : Tue 6th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

You kept pushing and pushing, I didn't want to get involved but since you dragged me into it, my IQ is 155

BK

16. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Tue 6th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

I practiced several years of Kickboxing, been chased by the cops after one of my friends decided it's a god idea to take a piss on their new car, crashed a CBR 900 last year and ended up on the back seat of a car with minor injuries (talk about luck), almost hit a wild boar with the snowboard 2 years ago (i don't know if it was me the scared one or him) but we both survived.

I could consider myself extremely lucky after surviving 2 serious car crashes and the CBR one .

As far as my IQ goes...i guess I'm an imbecile (according to my ex :=)

Cheers!

17. 357283
    Marius9 : Tue 6th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

My IQ has steadily gone down over the years since high school. I got into MENSA my junior year, and my IQ test was a 155. The two tests are not related, just in case other people in other areas don't know about MENSA, I really don't know much about it other than the fact that I was inducted, lol.

I recently took another IQ test (recent as in right out of college, three years ago), and it went from 155 to 130. There's an intelligence quotient for you. So I suppose according to that stupid test college made me dumber. This both amuses and saddens me, that my college education couldn't live up to the public school system. Or maybe it's just that IQ tests are worthless. You decide.

18. 358063
    Mechanic : Tue 6th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

When at school we accidently blew up the chemistry lab, it was on the evening news, sat watching it with my hair just a ball of frizz lol

19. 245742
    CiOnDaddy : Tue 6th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

when i was 17 i crashed a truck
    in to a lot of cars so the same day
    i run of way from my family for more
    than one year

20. 285149
    vigwig : Wed 7th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

My life is too interesting. I made a strike in the lane next to mine when bowling once. Fell in the Niagara River. Ran away at recess witha friend once, our mamas came to help find us. My grandfather rode with Pancho Villa not too long before Pancho got killed. I killed myself once, actually I tried to and knifed myself in where I thought the heart was and I missed every major organ except nicked my liver. Self-published 4 books. Made three squares on the Parkinson's Inity Walk 2009 PLM quilt and got my picture in the local paper. ALso was in the local paper three or 4 other times: Once with a 9-pt buck, once while wearing an orin-on fronm the paper, with interviews twice, and one as a UIL soccer ref. Refereed soccer for 10 years culminating in being a high school official referee. Once took center as ref in my son's game where I had retired but for ack of ref they commandeered me from the crowd, both coaches. And more.

21. 247253
    n0mad23 : Wed 7th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

My IQ is 98.6.

No wait...that's my body temperature in F.

It's so hard to keep these things straight.

Doesn't anyone else see the problem with a standardized test measuring intelligence? How does someone invested in the box judge someone outside it?

Hmmm.

22. 321894
    BlazinS : Wed 7th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

This post was surprisingly very amusing to read all the hardships and thaumaturgic moments you all have had. I havn't had anything miraculous happen to me, quite a few hardships tho.

Back in 2001 i was vacation in the Northwest Territories with some family and a couple of family friends. We were all camping outside Yellowknife in a rural campsite. Me and another chap of mine ventured away from the group at the campsite to explore the wilderness.

We had walked for less then 10 minutes when we reached a lake and sat down to enjoy the peace and quite when a Black bear came roaring and running towards us. I then noticed two bear cubs were behind us, putting both of us between the mother and the cubs. Kyle and I both made the split second decission to run opposite directions, Unfortunatley the Bear did make a choice and chased after my friend.

Sad to say that i never got to see him again. Even tho i saw the bear went after him it made me run even faster like i was trying to escape from the reality of knowing he wouldnt get far.

RIP Kyle Harry.

23. 321894
    BlazinS : Wed 7th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

Ahahahha Classsic!! reminds me of the movie The Hangover

24. 286783
    BadKonexion : Thu 8th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

The problem with IQ tests is that they are a measure of ones lateral thinking ability, hence problem solving skills and consequently (supposedly) ones IQ. @ Marius9 I can totally believe that you IQ would have gone down after your time at college since these are institutes, which do not nurture lateral thinking ability (the ability to think outside the box) but rather discourage it and encourage literal thinking, i.e. the ability to regurgitate knowledge, or the ability to learn some piece of useful information and use it over and over again. How many people scored high on tests or assignments by thinking outside the box? Unless perhaps the subject is marketing or advertising.
    Therefore, by this, some of the most useful thinkers in society are going largely unnoticed by the so-called IQ tests.
    Ok my rant is done.

BK

25. 229129
    CONEYISLANDRECORDS : Thu 8th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

Well you know what they say,...smart people dont brag about being smart.

Just saying. (Not attacking anyone!)

Is there any online (free) legitimate IQ tests out there?

I kinda want to see where I stand. lol

Posts 51 - 75 of 162

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads