We Want To Know

Posts 1 - 25 of 162
  1. 372886
    Bilbozo : Thu 1st Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

I thought this may be a fun thread. Let us know something we would otherwise never know about you on this site. Totally non-music related. It could be your job, an event in your life, something completely bizarre. It would be interesting to hear where people have been or what they have done besides music...

2. 372886
    Bilbozo : Thu 1st Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

I was an Olympic Downhill Ski hopeful at 17 ...until I hit a tree at 70km/h, shattered my leg in 3 places and lost my bottom lip...which was actually sewed back on.

3. 62363
    OneVizun : Fri 2nd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

I was a soldier in the United states army, Deployed to Iraq 2 times for a total of 27 months. my best friend and I were working on a track out there, (built a studio in my trailer) and the last thing i said to him was, "I cant wait till you get back from this mission tomorrow so we could start on this track..." He never came back alive.

4. 742520
    TheSaucepan : Fri 2nd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

Everyone knows I am a biochemist. What they don't know, is that I was accepted into med school directly out of college. I couldn't afford to go, and due to medical reasons, even though I had planned on becoming a heart surgeon.

5. 116269
    DextDee : Fri 2nd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

hahahaha, well i like this. i do not know if any of u know this much but.... i am not Chinese, and i am a medical student.
    @ vizun, that is tight and sad. respect man

6. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 2nd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

While visiting Notre Dame Cathedral once..I side stepped a 'do not enter sign' and found myself walking around in the labyrinthine underbelly of the building where they keep all the relics,it was a very 'DaVinci code' like experience.

7. 247253
    n0mad23 : Fri 2nd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

I had an extended National Geographic Moment childhood.

Got stared down by a warthog, chased by a herd of hippos, bit by tsetse flies, and traded my best Matchbox cars for a spear and shield from a man who was only wearing a bronze pubic comb.

All this in less than 7 days on one family adventure.

Back in the days when the world was still in black and white and color had yet to be invented.

8. 439229
    mrE : Fri 2nd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

i saved a womans life once

9. 358063
    Mechanic : Fri 2nd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

I went from london to jarusalem on a motorcycle and had many adventures on the way.

10. 96919
    TaraToxic : Fri 2nd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

my life is boring

11. 289147
    sumerlin : Fri 2nd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

i trashed my car one summer.. fliped it 6 times.. the car landed in the center of 4 buldings a church,insurance office,funnal home and the ambulane center. talk about odds? guess it was the best place to crash!

12. 303719
    ChrisMac456 : Fri 2nd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

When I was 22, I got jumped by 10 guys with baseball bats and sticks; I had my head cracked open, broken ribs, and abrasions all over my body. My friends were able to flag down an ambulence that was driving by immediatly and that's probably the reason that I'm still living today. I still have a good size scar on the side of my head where I got cracked and I'm thankful to be making music to this day.

@Vizun I'm extremely sorry for your loss man and I also thank you for protecting our country. Much love and respect

13. 229129
    CONEYISLANDRECORDS : Fri 2nd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

Robert Lamm Is my Great Uncle. He was in a "little" band called Chicago.

14. 337508
    subSpace : Fri 2nd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

my family from way way way back had kidnapped (st patrick) well they helped kidnap him lol and beleive me it is true i was gob smacked when i learned of this.

15. 220648
    JoeyBonezSD1 : Fri 2nd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

when i was 17 i took a bullet in the shoulder tryn to block my brother from gettn hit!he still did but!!it whent right threw me an gottnm in his man boob.was the last time i ever played ball in Brockton Mass!!!

16. 605220
    Ensam : Fri 2nd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

I played bass in the band that supported Guns and Roses when they did their first UK gigs at Londons Marquee club.

Simon

17. 377632
    Unknown User : Sat 3rd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

Bilbozo said " thought this may be a fun thread..." "would be interesting to hear ... what they have done..."

Replies:
    -I hit a tree at 70km/h
    -never came back alive
    -stared down, chased , and bit
    -trashed my car one summer.. fliped it 6 times
    -I got jumped by 10 guys
    -i took a bullet in the shoulder

WOW! damn guys, that's brutal.

My secret? or something you wouldn't know is, alotta people know me, but not under this name.
    I was a previous looperman member from 2007. 800 pts, thousands of plays and downloads. but no respect. LOL...

18. 439229
    mrE : Sat 3rd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

ok i will keep it light....i can hit 3 pointers from DEEP on any one and im a beast on the boards.

19. 158799
    alividlife : Sat 3rd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

I garden like a mofo.
    I like sweet peas and tomatoes.
    I cook vegetables while making tracks.

20. 636839
    simmerdown : Sat 3rd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

At 17 I flew by myself from Stowe, Vermont to Portland, Oregon with a small backpack and my snowboard, and maybe $200, knowing no one at all out here.
    I hitchhiked right out of the airport parking lot, being naive enough to just walk up and ask someone for a ride. I made it to Mt Bachelor in Bend ,OR, camped and boarded all summer (they stayed open til August in those days).

I've never lived east of Montana since, except France (another story...)

21. 116269
    DextDee : Sat 3rd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

@ dungbeatl, now that is just sick!!! amazing adventure

22. 213464
    SovereignKonceptz : Sat 3rd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

Well,
    My life isn't very interesting,
    Not many sad stories, not many adventures either.
    Pretty mediocre.

None of u would kno that Im an activist lol.
    Not gunna say for wat to avoid breakin rules.

Im also an alaskan, hawaiian native.
    Come from a family of entertainers (music).
    Even tho I don't rlly kno how to play any
    Instruments, I have a strong inclination
    Towards music.

23. 379618
    MRCoOk : Sat 3rd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

im in love

24. 230755
    Unknown User : Sat 3rd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

I recently managed (with a whole team of experts ofcourse) to convince the Supreme Court that decapitation as a way to carry out capital punishment is not painless or even immediate. The issue was raised by the Sharia court that wanted to impose this form of capital punishment and I'm very glad that I was able to successfully challenge their petition. Also, I just realised that I'm in love myself, so I'll drink to that MRCoOk! Here's to us idiots, and the crazy women that we love!

25. 60800
    jahknow : Sat 3rd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

Double organ transplant in '06 (kidney , Pancreas)

Once threw an armed assailant over a 2 story ledge at a business in Eugene Oregon. Police thanked me as the guy was wielding a 12" blade at the throat of a store owner. He had no idea Jah was in da Hizzouse tho!

Have studied art, music, science, religion and philosophy rather hardcore for over 25 yrs.

Mark Twain is a distant cousin on my Father's side.

Posts 1 - 25 of 162

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads