Official Rookiecop Remix Competition - March 2010

Posts 1 - 25 of 70
  1. 1
    Looperman : Wed 10th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

Some of you may remember the previous Fusion Room Records Remix Comp back in June 2009

https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/64498

Im pleased to announce a new competition bought to you by Fusion Room Records.

Rookiecop - Slomo Funk - Remix Comp

THE RULES

You are asked to make a remix of the track "Slomo Funk" by "Rookiecop" from the EP "Slomo Junk"

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/58890

Only remixes that are done in a dance/electronic style will be accepted. We can't accept any that fall outside of electronic music as they wont fit our label style.

You may submit more then one entry

As the entries will potentially be released on our label you will be required to sign a one track contract to ensure we both have the legal side of things covered. With that in mind you must also remember that your track must not contain any copyright material and apart from the files we supply you all elements of the track must be made by you or copyright free or licensed for use.

Should you need any clarification on the legal side of things please contact Rowena from Fusion Room by emailing with the subject "Roockiecop Remix - Legal Question"

As the track is a remix you must remember that the copyright of the original track and the component parts is still owned by Fusion Room Records and you are not allowed to post your remix anywhere else without their express permission.

If any rules get changed a little or if we find any more useful info along the way we'll update this thread so keep your eyes on it.

DO NOT start any NEW forum threads regarding this competition. Should you need clarification on the rules etc just post a reply in this thread.

THE PRIZES

We are looking for 3 winning remixes of the track and there are 3 prizes.

1st Prize - The winning track will go on the new Rookiecop EP and the winning artist gets a one year contract with us and will be featured on the fusion room 2010 compilation.

2nd Prize - The first runner up will get a remix deal with us for 3 more remixes to be released on our label.

3rd Prize - The second runner up can choose from an artist promo pack which means we will fix their youtube, myspace etc with new designs/layouts, produce logos etc and promote it through our many resources. OR they could also choose to take home the entire fusion room release catalogue on a USB stick.

Please note that the top two will also get all the artist promo pack included as part of their prize if required.

DOWNLOAD THE REMIX FILES

http://www.mediafire.com/?m2ytjjddynl

HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY

please email your finished track to entry to with the email subject set to "Rookiecop Remix Entry"

Please set the filename of your track to include your looperman username so its easy for us to know who sent it in.

Heres an example

looperman-rookiecop-electro-mix.mp3

HOW LONG HAVE WE GOT TO DO THE REMIX

Your have up until 1 minute past midnight on 10th April 2010 GMT (see the clock on the bottom the site) to get your tracks sent in.

HOW WILL THE WINNER BE CHOSEN

Shortly after the time limit for submissions is up we'll upload all the entries to a special profile here on Looperman and allow you the members to vote on your favourites. At this stage you wont be able to see who did each remix as their names will be hidden. Please remember to keep things interesting DONT upload your track here yourself, talk about it in the forums or let anyone know anything about it. We want the voting to be based on the track not the remixer.

Voting will last for 1 month (depending on the amount of entrants) to give everyone a chance to listen to the entries

More details on this part of the competition will be posted nearer the time though.

WHEN WILL THE WINNER BE ANNOUNCED

We'll announce the winner not long after the voting closes

Good luck to anyone who takes part

2. 340647
    Phyruis : Wed 10th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

I got the stems... gonna give it a go this weekend.. is there any where I can hear the original?

3. 1

yeh ill get a link to the original track posted in the main thread

I'm just waiting for it to be uploaded

4. 63133
    RogueAi : Wed 10th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

I can't enter as I am already signed. But if I wasn't, I would enter.

5. 266356
    theduke2248 : Wed 10th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

can we write our own drum tracks or do we have to use the one's supplied

6. 365365
    Sprawl : Wed 10th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

thanks for letting us know travis... i can sleep easy 2night!

:D

7. 1

Im sure you can write your own drum tracks. As long as your track can be classed as a remix. eg it has its basis on the original

8. 213464
    SovereignKonceptz : Wed 10th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

Gunna giv it everything I got.
    I love the oppurtunities this site has
    For producer's....

Much appreciated looperman.

9. 1

a link to the original track has now been posted above

10. 230755
    Unknown User : Wed 10th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

Can I download the stems and use them in a remix even if I don't plan on taking part in the competition? For eg, a remix I upload to looperman without having taken part in the competition?

11. 247253
    n0mad23 : Wed 10th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

@dv8 - Probably not. If this is anything like the last Fusion Room Records remix, the loops are not available to the public as the loops are on this site. Copyright is retained regardless of the remixing involved.

It's an educated guess on my part, so stay tuned for any corrections to this post.

@TravisHutchins - strange that double-edge sword feeling of being both blessed and cursed, isn't it.

12. 230755

K Thanks mate Nomad. Will also wait for the big guy to put in his two cents, but I think you've pretty much answered it. Cheers

13. 63133
    RogueAi : Wed 10th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

nomad you spelled my name wrong.

14. 230755

Blood must flow. A pound of flesh is required. Warrior Poets, unite!

15. 337508
    subSpace : Wed 10th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

im signed also so i cant enter but it looks fun though

16. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Wed 10th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

Only in Dance/Electronic style...I know electronic but 'dance' is unknown to a bloke like me..lol
    @Travis..seriously mate ,this is about the umpteenth time I've seen you get peeved about your names misspelling..and on a site where spelling is mangled every second 24/7...take a load off,have a cup of coffee or something...oops off topic naughty of me :p

17. 247253
    n0mad23 : Wed 10th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

@TravisHuckins - please accept my apology. It was an "auto-pilot" thing, that read it one way and fingers do something on their own. I feel particularly bad as the language on this site is a particular source of personal annoyance.

It won't happen again.

@PBJ - Dance is easy. If your hips start moving like you're in a possession state, what you're hearing can pass as Dance.

18. 364618

I know the competition has been explained in great detail, so thank you looperM.. But i was wondering is this a pure beat vibe.. or can we use vocals at all!!? if this is a redundant question, if have misread anything, i apologise.. or if im just plain daft, and "beat" means beat only.. i was just double checking.

19. 116269
    DextDee : Thu 11th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

nice

20. 116269

one thing though, i can't download files from media fire since i am behind the great wall of china :D someone care to give me a mirror?

21. 279764
    Stuh : Thu 11th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

Well im in never done any rock but this would be fun

22. 285709
    dubrucka : Thu 11th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

I'll give it a go ;)

23. 235779
    victormusic01x : Thu 11th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

i'm in, just heard the original mix, some interesting stuff goin' on for sure...

@DextDee....let me know if you can't get a direct link that works where you are and i can forward the files to you using YouSendIt if you can access that kind of download link

good luck to all goin' for this!

victormusic01x

24. 116269

that one too does not seem to work here the last time i checked.
    hotfile, rapidshare and some few others work, except mediafire

25. 1
    Looperman : Thu 11th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

ill post a direct link in a tic

Posts 1 - 25 of 70

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads