Looperman Day

Posts 1 - 25 of 349
  1. 116269
    DextDee : Fri 29th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

Hello Looperman and all other looperman members.
    i hope u are all fine and eager to read this post.

Well, i have been thinking about this idea for almost 4-5 months now and finally i think it is time for me to pass it out.

With over 200,000 member on the site shows how massive we actually are, and as we all know, we come from different places. My idea is to have a special day/week that we would call "looperman day/week", that members that are located close by in a particular city, town or country would come together,have a big party or convention where the only music played would be music of looperman members, dressing code preferably would be the looperman t-shirt, etc looperman.

That is the general idea, now let me go into details and explain how i imagine it....

We have major talents here that the other world needs to hear, and if the only music there is from looperman members, i think it would give a bigger exposure, we have many Djs here and they can handle all the songs during the event.
    Wearing solely the looperman T-shirt would be a very good form of advertisement for the site, more sponsors, more visits, more members, more talent, more many-things.

Major labels could be invited to each of the events locally and if they hear a particular talent they like, they could pick them up from there, like i said, major exposure!

After all is done, it would be important to have recorded the show in both Video and Audio, and also a special photographer to take all the members' pictures and the event at large. videos would be uploaded to major sites like youtube, and other free viewable sites to share with others, and audio can be registered to a single page Mr Looperman would make to host those files. Pictures too would be uploaded and categorized into cities, countries, or towns, or better, the dedicated pages would be made for each place......

As i can c, there would be major benefits to this whole things, and put more involvement into the music we all make, hobby-wise or professionally. and also get members gearing more of their focus to the grand day where the rest of the world get's to hear their music.

As Aj also said, there could be awards locally, or votes locally counted to best looperman member track, best loop, best avatar, best forum poster, best contributor and all those best, and even the funny ones, (Aj, please list them here again) later, these votes would be sent to looperman to tally them up and announce the winner here after all events are done

I would hold it here as i would say i have said all that needs to be said. would leave it to u to tell me what u think and if there are any questions i would clarify it and c how this goes. i would also like to know what looperman has to say about this.

Thanks for ur time
    DextDee

2. 322747
    KooLKYLE : Fri 29th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

i think that is a reely good idea i would defintly go if it wer to happen :)

3. 116269

that's what's up!!! ppl let's get something big started!!

4. 322747

first we would need a big arena or a large out door feild then we would need lots n lots of speakers a set of good deks then we would need to decid how long it would last, how many djs would be djin, how long will the dj sets be, ticket pricing, advertisement...

if its on for more than a day we should play diffrent genres each day and on the last day we could have the awarads day..

if this is to work im sure it will if evryone helps out this could be a main event of the year and if it goes well we could have another one same time next year :)

5. 116269

looking for ppl like u KoolKYLE

6. 274163
    d2d : Fri 29th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

In Nashville, I'm located within 3 to 6 hours from 7 US major markets.

Nashville to
    Memphis TN 213 miles
    Atlanta GA 250 miles
    Cincinnati OH 280 miles
    Indianapolis IN 290 miles
    St. Louis MO 310 miles
    Columbus OH 380 miles

I've got relationships with a number of the live venues/clubs here in Nashville. Nice PA systems & such. I don't mind coordinating a central USA event for LM.

7. 116269

here we go ppl, thnx D2D

8. 322747

i say it would be best if it were held in a out door feild and have it goin non stop for about 3-4 days :) and let people camp aswell :)

9. 116269

different places can decide to organize it as they want and can.
    first i need to get all looperman members involved and then later spread out the sheet for all.

10. 70119
    Unknown User : Fri 29th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

i think this idea ROCKS!!!!!!

11. 55357
    ultrabase : Fri 29th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

i think money would be the bigest problem to set things up you need sponsers!i like the idea though

12. 116269

pondering over it.....

13. 322747

ye we would need alot of money but if we get the money and the looperman day goes ahed we could easily duble tht money :) and put half of it to charity of somthing :)

14. 322747

forgot to say we should keep this thread active so more people can see it :)

15. 116269

agreed Kool!!

16. 337508
    subSpace : Fri 29th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

yeh kinda exciteing to me why not sounds like a great idea of getting together and doing partys and what not i like the way you dextdee keep me posted on this yeah well done

17. 337508
    subSpace : Fri 29th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

i meant to say i like the way you think dextdee lol

18. 274163
    d2d : Fri 29th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

It wouldn't necessarily cost anything if we had local "hook-ups."
    An international coordination would def take some energy to pull off though.
    'round here, you just book a room. My bands & friends bands do it all the time.

19. 116269

as for money i think some ppl on looperman, have more potential than just music....

20. 270061
    JoyfulWAVE : Fri 29th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

GREAT IDEA !!!
    I've been thinking more about how we might bring good artists together...and looper fans also...
    but I think we can all do something...
    maybe ask the manager of your local club...whether he would make a looper evening...or something like this...they have always motto evenings...and it will be played only music by loopers...
    and they always make flyers for the partys...
    they could put a looper logo on it and the website...
    i think its possible...this could be good for looperman...
    more members...more artists...more fans = more sponsors :)
    and later on we can cell nice price cd's and shirt's and stuff...
    and shan will be rich :( no...im joking...
    but i would really like to see some of you guys one day :)
    i will watch this thread...
    comon guys...move your a**
    cheers...JW...

21. 270061
    JoyfulWAVE : Fri 29th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

and i think a looper radio would be great...
    we have much good tracks for this...
    maybe change the featured track area into a web-radio...where featured tracks plays 24 hours...
    comon shan...its possible ;)
    cheers...JW

22. 116269

the ideal would be to have this party outside to make it more fun and open so the other world can c LOOPERMAN!!! then right.
    if one state or locality can not do it outside, then larger in doors would be better.
    for me, i am looking at all the Chinese based looperman members. lol a big place to look at.

also, about timing, it would be best if we have it during summer, so the weather would not change anything and we can c the sexiness of looperman. :D

23. 322747

ye a looper raidio would be good but it would be better making a seprate website for that and keep the fetured songs section :)

24. 116269

concentration...... we are drifting.....

25. 322747

ye we need to get looperman to advertise this thread on "ones to watch" that way more people should see what were talking about :) then once we have the attention we need then we can start looking for a area to host days :) and i agree summer time would be best not just for the weather but since it has longer days and this would be good if its outside :D

Posts 1 - 25 of 349

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads