What's The Best Length For A Loop?

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 64965
    DonnieVyros : Thu 28th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

Hey again yall,
    So lately I've been wondering what was the most preferred duration for a loop or sample. Most of the time I see 'em in divisibles of 32, but that leaves alotta intervals to choose from (a part of me guesses that it's either 4, 8 or 16 seconds). So give me some ideas as to what to shoot for now on (most of my old loops are 8 seconds). Because at the moment I'm sitting on about 94 sound effects that I wanna upload here. Should I make 'em...
    *2 seconds,
    *4 seconds,
    6 seconds,
    8 seconds,
    16 se seconds conds,
    or longer?

(I put an asterix by the ones I was thinkin about doin 'em at)
    Well all, I've gotta run n do this assignment for my next class. I'll be back on later though. 'Til then, take 'er easy, ay?

DV.

2. 274163
    d2d : Thu 28th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

Good question!
    My 2 cents on loop length:
    The longer the better... I've been playing along with some drum and piano samples. The shorter samples (say 2 measures) tend to leave me stuck when it comes to finishing out a complete 3 minute track. I'd rather cut up a long loop than try to piece together a track using very small loops.
    Peace,
    d2d

3. 292154
    DjBradd : Thu 28th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

As big as looperman will let you, the bigger the loop the lower the quality.

Keep it at 4-8-16 bars.

4. 63133
    RogueAi : Thu 28th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

Remember that the length in seconds of the loop depends on tempo. For instance, 16 bars at 180 bpm would have the same length as 8 bars at 90 bpm.

5. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Thu 28th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

Depends what's in the loop..some of my FX loops stretch out to 20 seconds or so....but there's no need to make a loop bigger if it's duplicating any of the content within it..Looperman clearly states this in the loop uploading guidelines...quality is totally reliant upon the person's ability making the loop.

Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.