Well, I'm Homeless Now...

Posts 1 - 25 of 36
  1. 241119
    NoisicRecords : Fri 22nd Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

Staying at a Rescue Mission in downtown Milwaukee, WI with 200+ other guys, and it sucks.

My life is going down the sh*tter:

-Homeless
    -No job
    -No car
    -No gf
    -No support from family
    -No money
    -Nothing.

2. 241119
    NoisicRecords : Fri 22nd Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

at 10:30am today I got a call from my landlady who I was renting a room from, telling me I had until noon to pack my stuff up and leave because another guy was taking the room. I was paying $360 a month for a 10x12 room without a closet, no view, no internet, no cable, couldn't have people over after 10pm, couldn't have sex (WTF!?), no smoking, no drinking, the list goes on and on.

Then she told me she wanted to raise my rent to $400/month because her heating bill went up, because she had it cranked full blast for 12 hours of the day.

I just need to vent, and need a place to live ASAP. My family WON'T help me because stuff like this has happened in the past, and they're tired of it, I have few friends, and they can't let me stay with them, so now I'm stuck and f*cked.

3. 251164
    sn76 : Sat 23rd Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

Man I feel for you I really do... It sucks being a tenant when landlords pull stunts like this.I had nothing 4 yrs back when my ex left and sometimes you have to hit the bottom to bounce back again.. it hurts like hell though. It is amazing how people come thru for you sometimes. Dont give up, thinking of you and things can only improve.

4. 79125
    Unknown User : Sat 23rd Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

i dont know if you are trying to hear this, but u have God! and with faith in him you have hope. It often takes us til Jesus is all we have to realize he is all we need. its in the moment of brokedness we cant surrender to him and cast our burdens.

hope things look up for ya soon!

5. 223506
    siensystem : Sat 23rd Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

I really have no words of encouragement aside from just keeping yourself strong and with a positive outlook. I'm not in your type of situation, but I can certainly understand the feelings. The "what now?" and "where do I turn?" questions that seem to have no real answers. I can definitely relate. All the best CJ.

6. 308224
    theHumps : Sat 23rd Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

Hang in there, you'll get through it. There's a lot of people here in your corner wishing you the best. Times are tough for a lot of us and we could easily be in your shoes if a few things suddenly go wrong or don't change for the better, so don't feel you are alone.

Most cities have programs to help people in your situation that can help you find housing and certain types of aid like welfare and foodstamps. There are also programs like "work a day" where you walk in and after filling out some tax forms and basic info, they load you in a vehicle and take you to a job for 8 hrs. The next day you may work in another place. There are solutions to your problems but it could take some time so be patient.

Always keep thinking positive thoughts and I wish you the best of luck.

Wayne

7. 285736

keep your head up help comes when you least expect it to!

8. 609523
    3rdNippleMusic : Sat 23rd Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

sounds like it may have come already ?

nv

9. 322747
    KooLKYLE : Sat 23rd Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

all i will say is tht truly does suck i have similar problems but when yyou start making money from your music you should rub it in to the people who have abandond you and make them wish they were true freinds/family... its what im doing lol

10. 609523

nah... sorry dj kyle, but u should just do what you fell.. if u feel like rubbing it in.. wtf.. if u feel like just being you, wtf... if I'm learning anything thru all this crap "I'M" going thru as well.. it's just respect yourself, and even the idiots... don't rub anything in.. if you're good - they;ll fkn know it... if you're not, they;ll know you doin what they;'re scared to do.. and if wtf... you don';t have any regrets cuz u were ture to humanity man .!!!

turth... what you want, they want as well.. whether you see it or not : )

nv

11. 322747
    KooLKYLE : Sat 23rd Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

soz to offend you man but tbh the ppl who have messed me around deserve it, what i meant was i will compltly forget them and let their freinds/ my freinds get mony from me since im a kind and thoughtfull person and will remember who my true freinds are i know from the last message i didnt sound like a kind and thoughtfull person but i reely am.. i may sound mean and nasty but they reely truly deserv to be forgotten because i treat evryone with the same respect in hopes they treat me the same and all i got back was alot of hate, pain and anger wich a very bad combination..

12. 609523

yo,

you didn't offend me bro.. sorry i only picked on the first statement as well.. i's just sayin to the creepy guy who hasn't replied in a while (hah) what i felt yo..

you know we all really want the same thi... er... not things... ,, the same feelings ? right ?

honestly, i belive 'we are all one' is more than just some mumbo jumbo sht.. i think there's a metaphorical meanin being.. we all want/need/etc the same thing... love... even my btch fck boss... i have some o dd sort of compassion for... minus the passion of course... :p

i don;'t care... money is involved here somehow... or whatever replaces money... it's called greed.. no t on your part nor mine per se, but ultimately.. we all want to be clothed, housed, loved, and shine... and share our selves... and love ! wtf !

yes......

will you help a bum... will you help a haitian, or a new orleansean ? or a... yeahhhh

i nv that
    we WILL get there....

13. 439229
    mrE : Sat 23rd Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

sucks to be you right? nope. everyone has to try to cope with their own set of adversities.some more painful than others. i guess resiliance is the answer.dont give up. keep striving.like the humps said, try to find a "work a day" agency or try getting a job at a mcdonalds or burger king- you know theres like 20 right near you : ) as a temporary solution.go to a welfare office and apply and you will recieve temporary welfare assistance and some carfare i think.i was once in the exact same situation as you.

14. 666289
    FreeRadical : Sat 23rd Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

I was going to say pretty much the same thing as MrE.
    Being evicted sucks, It's happened to me a few times as well.
    The last time it happened i just went around locals bars asking everyone and anyone if they needed a tennant and basically begged for a few weeks to get my finances in shape.
    After a thousand "no's" i finally got a "yes"
    Don't give up bro.

15. 229129
    CONEYISLANDRECORDS : Sat 23rd Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

Yeah,...sucks. Wouldnt want to be in your shoes. Noticed the post is old,...hopefully youve gotten yourself back on track. But I do find it amazing you still found a way to get on the internet and post about your troubles.

16. 241119
    NoisicRecords : Sat 23rd Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

Thanks for the support everyone.

I still have my laptop and nanokey/nanopad so I can at least put some sort of beats down and whatnot, the rest of my stuff is in storage at a friends house. There's a coffee shop a few blocks away from the shelter for me to get wifi (and a library about a 1/2 mile away as well).

If I had a car, I'd pack up and leave and try to go on tour or something, and do what I could to survive. I'm very DIY, and have a crusty-punk asthetic, so I am somewhat able to survive the worst of the worst, but not having a car is what's really holding me back.

17. 636839
    simmerdown : Sat 23rd Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

Just hang in there man, sometimes there is little to be done to fix everything right away. Just stay positive, keep 'calling in' that one person or improvement to your situation that you are needing, you'll be amazed what can change and how fast.
    Personally I would be stoked to have a full day to hang in the library working on my beats! Not to make lite of your situation, but to let you know that when you have a Job, responsibilties etc. you'll have less time to work on your sht, so make the most of it, You might just make some of your best stuff...
    Best of luck to you man, Cass

18. 192904
    ElecTonicPro : Sat 23rd Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

Been there dont that...it sucks being a recluse. You don't need to drink and smoke and so forth. Nothing comes of it! Better off staying clean and sober with a girlfriend will having exquisite sex with her then being a low life recluse.

19. 339043
    StephenPotter : Sat 23rd Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

one GOOD thing thats going to come out of this is that you may be inspired to make some more tunes, someone, somewhere, will hear it, and theyll pay you.

Im just glad its not me in that situation...

20. 48862
    nuclearzombies : Sat 23rd Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

Just passin along some encouragement...

you dont appear to be a douchebag or a junkie, and that's quite possibly one of the best things in your favor right now. Basic needs appear to be met. My greatest wish for you creeperjones is that you will be able to look on this, years from now and be able to laugh about it. Good luck to you, and be safe out there...

21. 337508
    subSpace : Sat 23rd Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

yeah i feel for you on that i was homeless once but there is always light at the end of the tunnel never give up mate i was on the street sleeping in cold cars in winter with my bro but 2 months on the street then i dont know how it happend but my life got better because a frend put me and my bro up plus we went to droping centers aswell and now im happy and i know that god will help you out cos he helped me any way i hope you find a place ok mate

22. 274163
    d2d : Sat 23rd Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

wow... Guess I've lived "sheltered" litterally and figuratively.
    I've only been homeless for about 20 minutes total in my life.
    But within the last year, I've met many young folks who have bounced back from it. Ain't no joke. It sucks. It's scary. It's a pain in your a$$.
    I think the rejection your gettin' from your fam might be bothering you MORE than your living arrangements. You ARE obviously a survivor. & you have this LM group to vent to...
    Keep us informed on your status since many of us ARE concerned for you.
    The truth!
    Peace,
    d2d

23. 312046

bummer

24. 247253
    n0mad23 : Sat 23rd Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

I think this might be why Ramadan is a good practice. Everyone should get in touch with what it's like to be really hungry.

It helps us find compassion for others.

We are all one paycheck (if we're lucky) away from being homeless. Frankly, it's a low level stress that none of us need.

Best of luck and wishes sent your way, creeperjones.

25. 241119
    NoisicRecords : Sat 23rd Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

Well I've got loads of free time now to spend at the library/coffee shop to work on tunes, but I have no cash whatsoever to get around.
    I can't donate plasma anymore because I have celiac disease (I'm allergic to wheat gluten), and with it being in my blood, the plasma center doesn't want to pass it on to someone with a weak immune system.

The only beacon of hope is my grandfather:
    he called me a few hours ago to tell me that he has some stock shares under my name, not a whole lot of money, but his broker called him last month wondering what my gramps wants to do with them. Technically he has to sign them over to me because of a legal contract stating that when I turn 25 years old (I'm 26) that he has to sign them over to my possession, and I can either keep them in the market, trade them, or sell them.

Anyway, he told me that it's going to take time, I have to meet with his stock broker next week, sign some papers, and wait about 2 weeks for everything to be approved. It's not a whole lot of money, but enough for me to get back on my feet.
    If things fall through like he said, then I'll be okay.

A glimmer of light at the end of a dark tunnel, thank you God.

Posts 1 - 25 of 36

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads