Acapellas & Tempos

Posts 1 - 25 of 39
  1. 1
    Looperman : Sun 17th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

Acapellas must have a tempo set when you upload them from now on.

The quality of the acapellas uploaded varies greatly and I would like to see the quality improve and so Ive set the tempo field to be required.

The acapellas are now also sortable by tempo to help people trying to find an acapella to use.

When creating an acapella its best to record to a beat in your headphones so that they stay in time and are more useful to anyone looking to use them

2. 247316
    WoundedBuffaloBeats : Sun 17th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

Very good idea!!

3. 216509
    GANTELMI : Sun 17th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

yes really good idea.....but i hope they give the real tempo !
    astalavista babe
    G

4. 116269
    DextDee : Mon 18th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

thank you for that looperman, it is really hard to work with a pella without a tempo.

5. 142092
    WhiteSands : Mon 18th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

this site just keeps getting better

6. 176457
    Prezivor : Mon 18th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

Thank you looperman. That will be a big help.

7. 230755
    Unknown User : Mon 18th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

Thanks man, you just saved us all hours of trial and error. Much appreciated!

8. 328414
    bobbybooth : Mon 18th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

Wow. I cant believe how quickly thats been implemented.

While you are in a granting favour mood, i had another thought - What about key words? Sometimes you happen across an acapella that influences the tune and maybe takes it in a different direction.

But what about if you are looking for something that has a particular subject to compliment your mix?

Of course it would depend on how accurate peoples acapellas are described, but maybe something to think about?

9. 328414

Just one comment if i may. Could you get the results of the sort by tempo to go in reverse? Right now the ones that say Unknown are at the top,so you have to go 4 pages in before any real results show.

Not that im dissing your work - the site is magnificent, but would make it even better!

10. 268784
    3n0 : Mon 18th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

its great idea, there are lots of acapellas without tempo!

11. 1
    Looperman : Mon 18th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

ill be going through and setting any with no tempo to zero so that should help.

maybe even have an option to filter by tempos

0 - 75
    75 - 100
    100 - 125

etc

12. 328414

yeah man that would be spot on. I think the tempo is really as important as the genre as you can mix genres, but tempos are an a*se to mix!

Might be getting a bit to technical, but even key could be good.

god knows if anyone would be able to answer it though.

13. 279101
    Unknown User : Mon 25th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

ofc idea is good, but probably som1 will type a wrong tempo like typing 170 instead of 120.

14. 221309
    BigJoWezy : Sat 30th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

thats a great idea looperman thanks for that GOD bLESS

15. 357283
    Marius9 : Sat 20th Feb 2010 : 9 years ago

I'm new to this site, so I never had to worry about the acapellas without tempos, but it certainly is something that drew me to the site. If I could sing, I would post some, but I can't, so I'll spare your ears. If someone could post something with a faster tempo than 120 I would really like it though...

16. 240808
    Djterrormaster : Sat 20th Feb 2010 : 9 years ago

Hello We are speaking about Acapellas (vocals)
    is There Anyone Who can make me a nice Dj Terrormaster vacal/Acapella for me?
    i only need the words Dj Terrormaster
    its for a Hardcore Track so it needs to be very Hardcore!

Thanks!
    Greetz Dj Terrormaster

17. 365576
    JakzBeats : Fri 26th Feb 2010 : 9 years ago

Cool!

18. 361738
    Unknown User : Thu 4th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

I'm confused by tempo. Do you mean Beats-Per-Minute? I've heard a lot of talk on this site about tunes should go with a specific BPM or tunes sound bad because the beat is off from the vocal. This all confuses DonDiego929.

So, what yall are saying is that you should put a BPM (aka tempo) on your acapella?

What if you start singing/rapping slower in a part of the song? Do you put the average or the fastest BPM? The slowest?

I always thought of vocals as a type of wind instruement (like a saxaphone or flute...), not as a percussive instruement (unless you're like homedude BDogg and curse alot...ha ha ha). I mean, how does one remix ballads into techno songs if the ballad was 85 BPM and the new song's beat is 125 BPM? You know, sometimes a vocal just doesn't work over a beat, could be the start of the song not dropping into the right "groove" of the beat, or a myrid of other reasons, but I'm not sure if a difference in recording/editing BPM is the culprit.

I have noticed that when a beat is slower than the vocal, that you shouldn't drop it in at the start of a loop as it produces mental confusion. You know, the mind is listening to that loop over and over, and then it starts again, and at the same time some dude is rapping faster than that (familiar) beat/loop...very unpleasant. I guess it all depends though.

19. 1
    Looperman : Thu 4th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

an acapella should always fit exactly to a tempo / bpm if it to be uploaded here as they are meant to be used in peoples tracks which all have a set bpm

without keeping the acapella in time it makes it almost impossible to use and so not worth uploading.

20. 156145

sometimes thats hard though cos say i record over a dusthill or epicsoundz beat and i dont know they bpm...what am i to dooo

21. 213464
    SovereignKonceptz : Thu 4th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

@estae

I was wunderin that too...
    Its good dusty always uploads the loops he made for his tracks, find the bpm their...but idk alotta mems that do that tho...

Anywhoo,
    Big up 2 Looperman

I can't even keep up my own site...let alone host a community...

Wunder wat kinda musik he makes...

22. 1
    Looperman : Thu 4th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

there are plenty of tools out there to find out the beat of a track or a loop.

Im sure some kind people will post a few links here

23. 156145

yeah i got a few of them tools shan but they aren't always accurate...i might just have to stop the acapellas

24. 64965
    DonnieVyros : Fri 5th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

Greets all,
    I think the answer to this is relatively easy.

Step 1= In the program (before recording) set the tempo to whatever style you are going to be doing...
    (most programs start at a default of 120 BPM for those who accidentally forgot this step)
    (most genres are recorded within 'average ranges', to find out what it is for what you are trying to make do a quick search online, eg. punk tempo).

Step 2= Once finished and exported out edit the acapella's ID3 tag...
    (an easy way to do this is to import the file into iTunes and edit the track's info {by right/ctrl-clicking and selecting "Get Info"}, on the right side there's a place designated for tempo)

*If the tempo isn't mentioned in either the file's description or on it's ID3 tag.

Trick 1= Beat Recognition!
    A number of programs offer beat recognition applications, just open up the Help menu and search the index to find out if yours does and how to use it...
    (my advice is to get a Mixing specific program or virtual DJ software, these tend to have the best and easiest accessible beat recognition applications, often on featured on the main pain of the program)
    (best option? GET VIRTUAL DJ SOFTWARE)

Trick 2= Time Stretching/Resampling!
    Most programs also allow you to resample the stuff you are editing. Alot of times it will be named that too (either Resampling or Time Stretch) or there will be a pointer tool specially designated for that (with an icon that looks like two arrows, either pointing out, or pointing in, ->

25. 156145
    Unknown User : Fri 5th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

donny serious thats exhausting hahaha

Posts 1 - 25 of 39

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads