Isolating Vocals

Posts 1 - 3 of 3
  1. 31513
    toebag : Tue 16th Jan 2007 : 12 years ago

Can anyone help? i want to do remixes of some old songs, is there a way to isolate the vocal track from the music? I'm using Sony Acid/Sound Forge- is it possible to do this with these programs? what programs would be best for trying to achieve- any guidance would be greatly appreciated! ta!

2. 34972
    demolitionkid : Tue 16th Jan 2007 : 12 years ago

most of the time you cannot isolate vocals from a track.their are programs that claim to do so,but fail horribly at the attempt.sometimes you can phase the two right/left channels together and get a mono channel.this will produce wild and dif variations.sometimes certain elements will stand out depending on how it was mixed.possibly a vocal line,but probably not.you are better of geting an accapella from a record.an accapella is a track which the producers made with nothing but the vocals on it.sound forge might give u the mono channel thing i was talkin bout but it prob wont sound right.sry and good luck

3. 34972
    demolitionkid : Thu 21st Jun 2007 : 12 years ago

IF YOU HAVE AN EXACT COPY OF THE TRACK YOU WANT THE ACCAPELLA FROM THAT IS !!!!JUST THE BEAT!!!!!!AND MUST BE THE SAME BITRATE!!!!!! YOU CAN TAKE THE VOCAL LESS TRACK AND INVERT THE PHASE.YOU MUST LAY IT IN THE EXACT SAME SPOT SO THAT THEY CANCEL EACH OTHER OUT. HERE IS A LINK TO MOV FOR YOU TO CHECK OUT FOR THOSE WHO DONT KNOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IWZicfSTP0

Posts 1 - 3 of 3

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.