Do We Actually Need Any More Hip Hop Drum Loops

Posts 76 - 100 of 130
  1. 215917
    AngelaSheik : Wed 23rd Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

Wish I could mark loops that I never wish to hear again. That way they wouldn't waste my time on future searches.

2. 394456
    Sweetsoundmusic : Thu 24th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

like does anyone really listen to orcestra? For real, like, no disrespect....

3. 339043
    StephenPotter : Tue 29th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

I made some drumloops, then listened to some tracks, they were practically the same loop, but different sounds. Now if I can make a hip-hop loop and then immideatly find a similar one in an existing track, then I think that shows that a lot of drumloops sound the same. Not all, but if I can make a five minute drumloop, then it does suggest something.

So thats my story. But I am just one person. There are over two hundred THOUSAND people on this site, so if a lot of them produce hip hop drumloops.. then we are going to hear the same thing several times.

Now I know that all the loops on the site are validated by Shan, the site admin. And there have been 22453 loops uploaded so far. I know some people have been auto validated, but thats still a lot of loops, and if even 10% of those are hip hop drumloops, thats still over 2000 hip hop drumloops.

I don't think people should stop uploading the drumloops, but I think people should think "is there already a loop like this on the site?" I didn't think that when I uploaded my generic dance drums, but with my chillout loop and house pad I think its safe to say they are pretty unique loops.

Ste :)

4. 418977
    Ibalz : Thu 22nd Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

well i think that making it possible to be more general or more specific with the genre classification might lighten the load a bit and spread things out. Just saying.

5. 415302
    Ace2CWB : Sat 24th Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

I kinda think a couple of loops sound the same to be honest, and every now and then i find that diamond in the rough hip hop drum loops, not to knock what anyone's doing but i would like 2 see more diverse drum loops.

6. 636839
    simmerdown : Sat 24th Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

going all the way back to the thread title...yes

once youve narrowed the search down with bpm, etc, its not that huge, if you are looking for a certain type of sound you get things narrowed very fast, there are many many great beats up here, but having more to choose from would be all the better, more HH perc loops are definitely needed!

as angelashiek said, having a way to know if you have already heard a sample would be a huge timesaver, in hh loops, but everywhere too...

7. 386045
    EX6ST : Sat 24th Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

I just gotta say..... I love looperman! My skills have been drastically improving with all of the confidence this site has given me, really only being cut-throat active on it for about a week. :) Long live the Loopermen and women!!! Wooot! And I do have trouble finding certain loops when I know they're there. I don't think there are too many, as someone said in the beginning of this, "one persons trash is anothers' treasure" or something along those lines, Genre-re organization would be the best. I think people are placing their loops in hip hop simply to get it more hits or downloads, not because of what it truly is, and multi genres would be a great idea!!!!

8. 391270
    iMathY : Thu 26th Aug 2010 : 9 years ago

i hate hip hop..

9. 450303
    EBRAD : Tue 31st Aug 2010 : 9 years ago

Personally, I think a thread of this nature is detrimental to the site as a whole. The time it take to complain about Hip Hop drum loops is the same time it takes to make loops of your own. If you cannot find the kind of loop you're looking for, create it. To sit around and talk about an abundance of something you don't want speaks to a lack of creativity. Take one of those loops and flip it or look elsewhere for loops. This is a cool site, don't cheapen it by whining instead to digging for the solutions you seek. Deleting a loop that someone posted is the same as if I cursed one of you out. It's just disrespectful and wrong to do.

10. 445782
    Praetium : Mon 6th Sep 2010 : 9 years ago

We definetly need more scratching loops or samples, its really hard trying to find a nice clean vinyl scratching

11. 375728
    Cybertooth : Mon 6th Sep 2010 : 9 years ago

how about instead of uploading a ton of hip hop loops, we upload a few really good ones, problem solved eh? (thats at the members)

12. 435244
    Thethanx : Tue 14th Sep 2010 : 9 years ago

Is this terribly outdated to be posting here? I think the idea of "quality control" isn't so bad. First of all I see people post something like 10 loops which ends up being ONE actual loop because they literally post every part... even if it's just quarter notes on a hihat. Maybe "Quality control" can be based on # of downloads in a given time? Like if you're loop doesn't receive x number of downloads in a given time, obviously it's just not something people wanna use so it get's removed?

13. 450303
    EBRAD : Mon 27th Sep 2010 : 9 years ago

SO!!!

14. 456633
    Music4Life : Thu 7th Oct 2010 : 9 years ago

I think I need some new loops, not just hip-hop drums. I'm trying to make a good hip-hop track with some hip-hop drums. I only have the Hip-hop beats.

15. 435773
    BrokenScythe : Thu 7th Oct 2010 : 9 years ago

Hmm, Ill have to listen to them.
    To be honest I think that percussion is something that you shouldnt use loops for...unless its an "FX" type of perc loop. I mean, the rhythm is supposed to fit your song, ride it along you know? Sounds hard to accomplish with a premade loop.
    Unless ofcourse that loop is your base, then the melodies would fit it instead of vice versa.

I think that a drum loop should most def be something interesting if its going to be uploaded, something with fire you know?
    Not just a "1kick 2snare 3 and ah kick 4 and snare"
    It should move, have rides, crashes, HHs, dynamics, panning, complexity in general...otherwise anyone can make it.
    Just my 2 cents.

16. 432659
    ChrissG : Thu 7th Oct 2010 : 9 years ago

we need lots more

17. 467123
    Sludgecity : Sun 10th Oct 2010 : 9 years ago

If everyones so desperate to be uploading these hiphop drum loops, then start changing the style of them, make some glitch hop loops or something

Hiphop beats are usually the same variations so glitch it out a bit then itll be something different to listen to insted of the same ol' shyteeeeeeee

18. 158799
    alividlife : Sun 17th Oct 2010 : 9 years ago

I think... it's interesting to me.. but Hip Hop and Trance probably have the MOST loop packs available, and I mean..
    I can play drums, and from a drummers perspective, Hip Hop and Trance are by far the easiest drum patterns. That's not out of like.. OH this genre is BETTER, it's a simple fact.
    Just listen to the rhythm. It's just a great groove.

I really dug what SIENsystem said at the start, if you doubletime a hip hop loop it basically becomes a breakbeat (in a way), and if you halve it it becomes a trip-hop loop.

Just look at the "Amen" loop?

Which I have been studying the crap out of. It was used on NWA's "Straight out of Compton" (which changed hip-hop)
    and it also spurred on an ENTIRE genre
    "Drum and Bass".

The difference was tempo.
    But the SOUND was unexplainable.

Now, sounds are the main thing. I check out loop packs, and I record drummers (it's the biggest pain in the butt ever btw-- I have never dealt with soo much sound cancellation in my life) and syncopation is really important. And it is redundant to be posting up loops with hats on the 1/16 count and a kick on the 1 and a snare on the 3.

But isn't it the sound that sometimes makes it worthwhile and a treasure. Someone else's fingerprint I suppose.

When you check out loopermasters or any other site that "sells" their beats there's always something really unique about the loops. I think if anything.. I usually look straight to artists here on looperman.... But humn...

I dunno.. I make my own beats, and if anything make my friends do it for a case of beer, but I am just sayin'..

I dunno what I am saying lol... I am kinda nervous to upload any hip hop drum loops here now...

19. 438673
    DJSchmeeJ : Mon 18th Oct 2010 : 9 years ago

I think a thumbs up or down voting system would help. Even if you don't delete them, you can instantly see what people think of the loops and beats at a glance! Kinda like youtube.

20. 464567
    Unknown User : Fri 22nd Oct 2010 : 9 years ago

Man...this is tough.

I'm a man that likes a lot of genres; but I'm best when it comes to club/hip hop and movie type scoring. Now, I know hip hop isn't everyone's cup of tea; so it's fine when people don't like it. But hating on hip hop loops just because you hate hip hop isn't fair..

That said, I agree that there are too many. I really do think that a hit hat loop of four clicks that ANYONE can do is boring and a waste of time..

NOW. What I like to do to solve that is create a Construction Kit (as seen with the loops I upload); a series of loops that, when put together, create a set. (kinda like what people spend money on) You can take what you want and mesh what you want. I think THAT atleast adds a little bit of usefullness and uniqueness.

So in the end...I don't know. I agree with the people saying that weeding out the not-so-good ones is a good first step; but then comes the problem of people taking offense, etc..

21. 464567
    Unknown User : Fri 22nd Oct 2010 : 9 years ago

Haha. Meant to say "hi hat" not "hit hat"..

22. 348771
    justing101 : Tue 26th Oct 2010 : 9 years ago

OMG 1714 How the hell did people upload this many =/

23. 348771
    justing101 : Tue 26th Oct 2010 : 9 years ago

I like your style =]

24. 230755
    Unknown User : Tue 26th Oct 2010 : 9 years ago

Do we really need to keep this topic alive? It's been six months, hasn't anyone decided "YES" or "NO" yet? This is why democracy doesn't work everywhere..

25. 482130
    Unknown User : Fri 29th Oct 2010 : 9 years ago

Yeah we need more. Who likes old stale tired beats.

Posts 76 - 100 of 130

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads