Do We Actually Need Any More Hip Hop Drum Loops

Posts 51 - 75 of 130
  1. 383170
    Unknown User : Fri 16th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

Looperman, Well I was a bit shocked at title of this blog, "do we actually need any more hip hop drum loops" This type heading even from a moderator leaves room for misinterpretations, misunderstandings and quite possibly alienating a segment of musicians who work hard at their craft. Don't punish their love and enthusiasm for their genre. I would of expected a title like this from a user but not you looperman. It's like you put Hip-Hop against all other genres a sort of hip-hop backlash. As I said it leaves room for misunderstandings. Again you have to look at your member base who are the dominate music creators and contributors. Hip-Hop people are primarily responsible for your large number of hip-hop loops. You run the risk of offending quite possibly your largest base of contributors. Now although I do agree with you on one level, taking an offensive posture does more harm than good. What if Mac i-pod said do we need anymore Windows users. Yeah that's biting the hand that feed you. More windows users use i-pods than mac users. You don't have to take the high road but the middle road would be nice. Stating a fact would of made a better tittle for this blog such as, "Hip Hop Loops are at an all time High" an obvious fact and then chime in from time to time. That would of made a better title for one of your largest contributor base and might have spark creative interest of other Genres to play catch up.

2. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 16th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

Ahh Jokema..I don't think so at all,no way!..it's merely pointing out that there is a surfeit of hip hop drum loops..there's absolutely no insinuation that Hip Hop artists are being targeted or marginalised in anyway.....HipHop aficionados are very very sensitive to any perceived criticism and just because the HipHop presence is quite large on Looperman doesn't mean it should be afforded any special attention or status...Hip hop is just another brick in the Looperman wall.

3. 158799
    alividlife : Fri 16th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

Punk rock drums...

Ima do it if no one else will.

4. 1
    Looperman : Fri 16th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

As the person who checks all the loops coming in and so has heard more of the loops here then anyone I stand by the thought.

I could say the same thing about loops that consist of just 4 kicks drums.

Once I start to hear the same loop over and over again just by a different person it makes you think "do we actually need any more of these?"

Another reason why there is so much in the Hip Hop genre is that most people choose that regardless of what the loop sounds like. Loops should be placed in the genre that best describes them not the genre the uploader used them in themselves.

5. 383170

Okay I got what you are sayin' mate. but there is better way at stating the obvious. First, I am not an exclusive Hip-Hop artist, i produce other genres as well, I have not posted one drum loop either. I was not personally offended. But neither you or I can speak for all hip hop artist. I just stating the obvious, a moderate stance from a moderator stance can accomplish the same goal. The title of this blog has an almost complaining nature weather that the case or not. If title was "Do we need anymore rock drum loops" or "Do we need any more Techno drum loops" or whatever I what chimed in most definitely mate. Peace!

6. 377988

We do need more hip hop drum loops we just need some new kinds. With all the free drum kits out there we should have way better sounds on drums.

7. 286783
    BadKonexion : Fri 16th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

About to upload PUNK drums,.., !! Yeah @ alividlife lookin' in your direction

8. 386998
    sparkfirehot : Sat 17th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

people need to have creative minds, so what i mean is i can take a crazy loop that nobody wants and make it into a nice ass track.
    so i say bring on the loops cus as long as i have a creative mind i can make anything a hit. people need to stop crying about what loops get uploaded the most and try to use whats avalible and be creative.

9. 69965
    ChaseManhattan : Tue 20th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

basically drum loops are drum loops. you should only make what you think the proper genre of the track is. you cant help it. if its hip hop its hip hop. if its jazz its jazz. music comes out randomly so you go with what you have.

i do see your point that there might be a lot of hip hop loops and a lot might suck. but isnt that the purpose??? to get better???

10. 375702
    Skitsophrenik : Fri 23rd Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

I think we need all genre of loops obviously,n Hip-Hop just so happens to be a common genre..but i think we do need mre Hip-Hop loops so we can get rid of some of the ones that arnt really that good :s so if people are puttin new Hip-Hop loops on,mke sure they are good lol

11. 377988
    Unknown User : Tue 27th Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

We do need more hip hop drum loops but only custom beats thats the problem people dont really know how to make custom beats. I mean if you only use loops everytime you make a track you need to quit. I make custom drums that sound good.

12. 334146
    Wells19 : Sun 2nd May 2010 : 9 years ago

No, you can make them yourself :)

13. 83445
    JohnBoutilier : Sun 2nd May 2010 : 9 years ago

Yes, we need more, because eventually someone will produce something absolutely brilliant: The perfect hip hop drum loop. Every hip hop looper, in every nation around the world, in cities small and large, will go to war over this loop. The degree of the devastation will be enormous, but one looper, the survivor, will use the loop to produce the hip hop song that will change the world as we know it.

Then again, we might just get a few more options.

John

14. 405239
    Conjah : Wed 26th May 2010 : 9 years ago

Royalty Free Hip Hop Drum Loops (1539)

Haha, Hip Hop taking the lead!

P.S. I love Hip Hop.

15. 405567
    cap : Wed 26th May 2010 : 9 years ago

need 121313124 GB :))

16. 400342
    Unknown User : Fri 28th May 2010 : 9 years ago

"do we actually need any more hip hop drum loops?" Hmm, tough question. Although 90% of what I produced is hip-hop, I've created 4 drum loops using Toontrack Drummer and I'll soon be using Cakewalk session drums. I posted 4 rock drum loops with 1 of them approved so far as of this message. I will create rock drum loops and not hip-hop drum loops just for you Mr. Looperman so as to do my part to help out.

https://www.looperman.com/loops/detail/30995

Peace!

17. 139384
    brokenbeats : Fri 28th May 2010 : 9 years ago

I don't say much...ever...but I'll chime in. Pay attention.

We don't need anymore hip-hop drum loops. At least not the simple "kick, clap, simple little snare roll" type of loop with basic 808 sounds or stock Fruity Loops drums.

If people want to (somehow) post the drum kits they use to make those loops, okay fine. But if you believe you're a solid producer, and can't even put together a decent kick/snare/perc pattern showing some kind of hint towards complexity, just quit.

I do use loops for instruments I can't play, or a synth loop that is just super unique. But I RARELY use hip hop drum loops. I can put together my own drum loops with one shots very easily. So can most people who know how to produce even somewhat well.

I do use drum loops for other genres, like rock or dnb or other styles that involve complex patterns or live sounding drums. But the simple kick/snare/clap pattern, anyone should be able to pull that off. If you can't, like I said, just quit.

But take it case by case Looperman. If the hip hop drum loop actually has some uniqueness to it, then definitely keep it. I've heard some simple, but great, New York/vinyl style drum loops for hip-hop that are amazing. It's to do with the timbre (?) and vibe of the kick/snare/hats/etc. Even if it's not actually from vinyl, if it has that type of sound/effect/processing, it's great.

But a drum loop with the usual 808 or stock sounds with little to show in the way of intricacies...loops that have just a basic pattern with spaces in between drum hits (like a loop that consists of just an 808 kick on the 1 and clap on the 3)...let us pass on those. A five year old could make that type of loop.

Same with those "Strings" loops that are basically just one string note being struck at every 1/4 note for 8 bars...I mean, great, that string note at C2 sounds good...but are there other notes?

So I guess what I'm saying is actually "no, you can't have enough QUALITY hip hop drum loops". But we do have enough of the somewhat lame, basic, straightforward patterns that are predictable...and kind of lacking.

I realize that some on the site are perhaps new to producing and may be excited by a drum loop they've created, but consider the fact that sounds like the 808 drum sounds are used all over the place by Down South (dirty south) hip hop. And they've been in use for may years.

I mean, look-- an 808 is an 808 is an 808. Unless you've applied some kind of extra processing to make the drums sound unique (at least a little bit please), it's not needed, and takes up space. It also takes up time as you're auditioning loops on the website. That's probably the main issue. You've got to check out someone's "fire beat" loop only to hear...something that's really a bit simple.

Again, not to disrespect producers in the earlier stages of learning things-- it's just that the beat isn't that 'Fire' after all.

18. 403021
    KrookedEntertainment : Mon 31st May 2010 : 9 years ago

man all i do is hiphop but i agree there are way too many hiphop drum loops there needs to be more hiphop synth and string loops i think and maybe some bell loops would be nice

19. 274483
    xXSecretScienceXx : Wed 9th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

UM......you talking about hip hop or rap?

20. 666289
    FreeRadical : Wed 9th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

No, We still don't need anymore hip hop drum loops.

Now we've established that, do we really need any more threads about not needing any more hip hop drum loops?

Discuss.

21. 174526
    Unknown User : Wed 9th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

Everybody likes hip hop. or at least a majority of the population does. end of story. lock the thread or something.

22. 666289
    FreeRadical : Wed 9th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

It's not a question of liking hip hop. As you say, everyone likes hip hop.
    It's about uploading five million drum loops that are basically the same.
    Do we really need that?
    The answer is...........not really.

23. 412729
    kingdada : Thu 10th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

As long as some one wants to use them why not?

24. 666289
    FreeRadical : Sun 13th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

cheque please............

25. 400342
    Unknown User : Sun 13th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

No keep this thing going. I say YES. We need more! But look what I am doing. When I produce a series of hip-hop loops I also produce a series of ROCK loops. So maybe everyone who produces might want to consider a second unrelated Genre.

Yeah, I produce Rock too, but I will not do songs on this site. So I decided just to do Rock Loops instead and still keep banging out Hip-Hop and Crunk trax as my main Genres. But again I am also moving from Hip-Hop to produce in R&B for a while. I also do R&B pretty well too.

I got 28 combined Rock and Hip-Hop Loops up so far:

https://www.looperman.com/users/profile/400342

Peace,
    DJMU

Posts 51 - 75 of 130

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads