Do We Actually Need Any More Hip Hop Drum Loops

Posts 26 - 50 of 130
  1. 300400
    RickMal : Mon 11th Jan 2010 : 10 years ago

haha man you can make them yourself if you got a mic,

get a typical ,loopery, classic, juicey, hiphop loop, and record yourself sayin sumthin weird,
    then replace drum sounds for words however you want to,hours of fun

2. 265632
    WeazelBeats : Tue 12th Jan 2010 : 10 years ago

awesome! err If u can tell me where I find the stats where u were talking about, I would love to try out some new styles ;)

3. 295436
    nosnhojnilremus : Tue 12th Jan 2010 : 10 years ago

I personally think the problem lies in the genre system. Too many people arent sure what genre something belongs in if its not their personal type of music. I have made a few drum loops that I wasn't sure of the genre but was trying something new. If you find a loop that isn't in the right genre, tell the uploader and give them the chance to move it. Everyone has a right to upload their loops, and with the volume that this sight has, it is inevitable that some sound the same eventually.

4. 339957
    Unknown User : Tue 12th Jan 2010 : 10 years ago

Its not that sereous cause if you can use the loop then its a loop of whatever kind you make it its up to the person thats making the beat or instrumental we shouldnt put titles on loops any way cause its what you make it

5. 102056
    Dj4Real : Thu 14th Jan 2010 : 10 years ago

I nominate myself as the breakbeat king!!....lol

6. 317475
    Unknown User : Thu 14th Jan 2010 : 10 years ago

well am here to rescue the hip hop drums. am gonna start makin hard hiting, banging drums soon. start contributing loops.

7. 339043
    StephenPotter : Fri 5th Feb 2010 : 9 years ago

Im not going too upload any hip hop loops (Simply cos im more of a trance/dance/house/DnB artist) but I know for sure that there are in fact a lot of hip hop/rnb producers on this site.

But is too many drum loops really a bad thing for the people who do use them? I mean, if they need to find a hip hop loop, they are spoiled for choice on this site.

And the massive amount of drumloops makes this site better than any other loop site ive used.

Anyone agree?

8. 351266
    Qculley : Fri 12th Feb 2010 : 9 years ago

the drum loops i tend to stay away from.peps dont tend to mix em down properly.their hi hats are to hi.or the kick to low.i say if your gonna put out a drum loop...do it when its mixed right and sounds good

9. 317887
    rc191191 : Sun 14th Feb 2010 : 9 years ago

I agree, we dont need more hip hop drums..... How about some mellow ones, some slow rock, or some unique sensual drum loops found in such classics as Enigma, Dead can dance, Cusco, and others like them.

Just my humble opinion, nothing against Hip Hop, just like to hear something really original and different....

rc191191

10. 359547
    Unknown User : Sun 14th Feb 2010 : 9 years ago

check my loops soon, i´ve uploaded today 25 loops. kits and various loop. i´m waiting for the admins that he complete my uploads.
    greets from germany
    rdb45

11. 315503
    shoodooo : Mon 15th Feb 2010 : 9 years ago

Nicely put!

12. 102812
    Tipztar : Mon 15th Feb 2010 : 9 years ago

why not a thread which asks 'which loops would you like to see here on looperman' so that looperpeeps can post up stuff they think is lacking, or needs improving..Or if there is a thread already then this post was pointless :D

13. 361738
    Unknown User : Sat 27th Feb 2010 : 9 years ago

Man, that's a lot of drum loops looperdude.

How about limiting the number of loops an individual user can upload per genre? Like maybe 10 for (all sections included). That would reduce it (maybe).

That idea for non-popularity termination sounds okay to me, but what if a loop has artistic merit (ie. it serves as inspiration for artists who can't really use it, but it gives them ideas for their own songs, or making their own song sound better?)? That loop might never be downloaded, or downloaded seldom. Then you get into people/groups downloading loops to "save" their loops from termination, and it gets downright ugly.

I think you want to have a lot of loops looperdude, but having all those hip-hop beats not split into different categories is certainly bad.

Did you know that a "copula" links a subject to its predicate? I just found that in the dictionary.

14. 156145
    Unknown User : Thu 4th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

there are heaps of loops in hip hop alone that should be classified elswhere and one of the loops i listend was a brass loop and its was a rusty C Note....that was the whole loop 2 seconds on the C note....my freinds thats not a loop thats a generic sound

step your game up

15. 213464
    SovereignKonceptz : Fri 5th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

Its just the easiest genre to get into. Singing is just physically difficul for alotta people, who have sumthing to say. Im deffinitly "all for" those guys who have worthwhile msgs...theirs alotta mainstream immitations tho...

But yea...im off to change the genre of a couple of loops still awaiting to get approved....

...and I kno where loopermans comin from wiv the
    Quality of some of these loops...a lot clippin horribly...
    I encourange grungy bit crushed sets, but watch dem levels ppl.

Cheers

16. 158799
    alividlife : Fri 5th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

where the hell are the punk loops again?

17. 355327
    ShamanStone : Fri 5th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

I have one waiting validation but I think I will work on some more. I think punk and proto punk are very enjoyable.

18. 367238
    phatmat : Tue 9th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

yes there is never enough

19. 316780
    Apieceoftofu : Tue 9th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

personally i don't see the difference between discriminating against "ten minute tracks" and hip hop loops. So if we aren't going to limit peoples uploads on crappy tracks as per my suggestion in the "yea... just threw this together in 10 minutes" thread, I don't see how we can limit peoples uploads of low quality or un-downloaded hip hop loops without being hypocritical. This is essentially the same argument that I was using in that thread where most people accused me of not allowing artistic expression to take place in all forms so its interesting that this post was made essentially doing the same thing.

20. 213464
    SovereignKonceptz : Wed 10th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

Tofu's got a point...

A really good point...

21. 316780
    Apieceoftofu : Wed 10th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

Thank you Sovereign.

Heres a direct quote from the OP,

"This is not really down to an issue of server space but more a case of making the better more useful loops rise to the top without having to go through the not so good ones to find them."

It seems to me that that was my (and others) exact argument for trying to cut down on the number of thrown together, poorly done, no thought put into, whatever you want to call them, tracks. We were arguing that those quick, low quality tracks were burying the tracks that people had poured their soul into.

Now I know the arguments that are coming... "but a loop is just part of a track, its not a whole track and therefore we should limit their number." Well a loop can be used (if downloaded and incorperated into a project) as a part of a track, the same goes for entire tracks when it comes to DJing. The DJ downloads the tracks and puts them together into a mix but we dont limit the tracks to only good ones. In other words music is music.

I totally respect the communities decision to allow people to keep uploaded quickly thrown together tracks based on essentially the argument that all music should be respected. We should apply this logic here as well.

Thats it, im done.

22. 1
    Looperman : Wed 10th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

the difference is that a track is someone's work and is only for their use.

You can only have so many hip hop drum loops before your uploading the same thing over and over. It goes for many drum loops. There comes a point where we start to see too much bloat and duplication.

For the same reason a loop that consists of hi hats, 4 in a row and nothing else becomes of little use as a resource to the community as there are plenty uploaded and its not rocket science to make your own

imagine this were a picture site and you swap hip hop drum loops for pictures of apples. after a while its just another apple picture.

I dont see how the two threads are related in any way

23. 160845
    slo : Wed 10th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

well I would say about 90% of the loops aren't even hip hop and sound the same...I mean do we really need the same loop over and over again one with snare and one without or hi hats or kick...and
    to jah..hip hop drum loops = zzzzzzz please son it's better than the same ol reggae but you keep loading talk about ZZZzzzzz...if your not into hip hop that's fine but don't come into the form and knock it....

24. 324199
    KnownAsn1 : Wed 10th Mar 2010 : 9 years ago

make it so that with any loop uploaded there is an expiration date for it. Every time it is downloaded the expiration date is renewed.

That, or simply have loops need to meet a certain quota. If they fail they are deleted. Nothing wrong with a little competition.

Or, have a voting system as in, like or dislike. With a certain number of dislikes voted on a single loop, it is removed. I think any of these ideas would solve the problem.

Sorry if someone has already posted any of these ideas...

25. 378115
    LordSound : Thu 1st Apr 2010 : 9 years ago

I think that hip hop loops or beats are in demand to many age groups. The problem may be that so many are trying to copy the signature that exist rather than come up with something creatively unique. The same may be said for singers. There is a difference between a singer and an artist. A singer may sing a song and be compared to the artist they are simulating. An artist has a distinct signature that is relevant to them only. The search may be for that new artist. not beat that sets a new stage for what they want to hear. Personally I do not like hearing so many loops that seem to feed off something already available. Uniqueness is the key. It may be had through critical thought given to a beat.

Posts 26 - 50 of 130

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads