Do We Actually Need Any More Hip Hop Drum Loops

Posts 1 - 25 of 130
  1. 1
    Looperman : Thu 17th Dec 2009 : 9 years ago

https://www.looperman.com/loops/cats

Take a look at the stats that show the loops that have been uploaded and you'll see what I mean.

This does not necessarily mean that there is no space for hip hop drum loops but could mean any of the following ..

- people choose hip hop as the genre too quickly
    - the quality of many of the loops is not up to par
    - there are far too many of the same thing
    - we actually have too many hip hop drum loops

I think it would be of more use if people take a look at what we dont have and try and upload loops that fill the gaps and aim at quality rather then quantity.

This is not meant to knock anyone who has uploaded but I think there might be a time where its worth thinking about what gets uploaded and whether or not its of use to anyone.

There may also be a case for having a system whereby loops that dont cut the mustard get removed. This is not really down to an issue of server space but more a case of making the better more useful loops rise to the top without having to go through the not so good ones to find them.

2. 55357
    ultrabase : Thu 17th Dec 2009 : 9 years ago

no we don't...... lol

3. 60800
    jahknow : Thu 17th Dec 2009 : 9 years ago

If you're not going to, may I go ahead and knock on some people?

hip hop drum loops = ZZZzzzzzzzzz.....

nuff said

4. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Thu 17th Dec 2009 : 9 years ago

Now if I had of started this thread I would have been tarred and feathered! lol..seriously though I'm going to look at the Loop list and see if I can fill a few holes.

5. 247253
    n0mad23 : Thu 17th Dec 2009 : 9 years ago

Oh man, just when I had some hip hop drum loops to upload!

What I'd really like to see is some talking drum society phrases uploaded, but then I'd like to vacation on the Moon, too.

What about it gang, anyone have some "hey brother, get me a tall cool one," or "look at that mama shake her thang!" drum loops laying around?

Big dreams, stranger manifestations.

6. 264588
    Menace2012 : Thu 17th Dec 2009 : 9 years ago

I don't think so. Alot of the loops are the same patterns anyway.

7. 243518
    sterixx : Sat 19th Dec 2009 : 9 years ago

Hi there,

i think the problem is to pick the right genre for it. I mean, if i post a loop, i have some problems with it.

You can use my loops for Hip Hop, RnB and for some Techno Tracks but I pick that genre that i wrote my Track (i made mostly samples from my Tracks) that fits the genre.

I miss a feature here on looperman ... my loops are multigenreable *lol* do you know what i mean?! mmh ... if i upload a loop or sample, i wish to can pick more than one genre.

cheers (and the best greetings from Germany), Frank :)

8. 223506
    siensystem : Sat 19th Dec 2009 : 9 years ago

I can think of 1 solution:

-Double time the loop and upload as Drum n Bass

:)

Or slow it down and upload as Trip Hop

:)

9. 223506
    siensystem : Sat 19th Dec 2009 : 9 years ago

2 Solutions :)

10. 60800
    jahknow : Sun 20th Dec 2009 : 9 years ago

more jungle breaks!

11. 203818
    Unknown User : Sun 20th Dec 2009 : 9 years ago

i see wher you are comming from, but in my opinion most people in this site are into hip hop, this is just going by the feat tracks. as most of them seem to be hip hop,

i think your right, lets tidy up our mess people,

viva la indie

ps. why dont we have an indie genre???

12. 317475

yup we need more hip hop drums shan. people just need to make the drums harder so everyone will be like wow[ we need more]

13. 93125

@ beatmasterdoubler
    i agree bro we need more but different as well

14. 93125

like my advice to people who are making loops is try something that noones ever heard before and is quality work heres an example of mine i really like https://www.looperman.com/loops/detail/23288

15. 219480
    CelloCubano : Mon 21st Dec 2009 : 9 years ago

I personally overlook them... they sound similar, i prefer to create my own anyways. But deleting less than stellar loops is a great idea. Loops up for months with less than 100 downloads delete. just an idea

16. 182704
    Chud37 : Thu 24th Dec 2009 : 9 years ago

i think the problem really is any drum loop on its own can be considered a 'hip hop' drum loop. on a quick inspection in there there were drum loops ranging from 90bpm to 140 and (i predominantly make dubstep which is usually 140) and it could have passed for a dubstep drum loop. albeit a rather crap one.

so i think the problem is ultimately down to people not knowing their genre's or their target audience. And it just seems that hip hop drum loops are what people automatically think when they hear a drum beat on its own and therefore thats the default option in their mind.

my two cents - kent brockman.

17. 65587
    ReignStorms : Thu 24th Dec 2009 : 9 years ago

I'm glad I read this post Mr. Loops. I wasn't planning on posting any hiphop loops but you've helped my shift my focus. Now I'm looking to see what the community needs. Just what are we lacking? I haven't looked at all of the genre but I would vote orchestra. Whenever I search for them, there never seem to be enough in my opinion. On a flip side, you mentioned quality loops. I hope that doesn't mean the simple loops that have one or two sounds looped. I really like those b/c it's easier to layer and mix with my own sounds. I hope you mean the ones with background noise or recording problems.
    Thanks Mr.Loops!

18. 162676
    ChrisNeal : Mon 4th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

Same here @peppermint

I think it's time to start focusing on filling the spaces between the lines.

Keep loopin'

19. 79105
    Centrist : Mon 4th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

Agreed with Peppermint. I'll come up with a few loops for all of you today to get the orchestral flow back up. :]

Cheers!

20. 331322
    scardog : Tue 5th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

I think alot of the loops can hits and miss depending your project and style,I think the key is to finding sounds and loops that can be made into more original tracks. But again that depends on one's style and taste.

21. 339701
    Coldpizza : Tue 5th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

I've only been on Looperman a couple of days and the only way I can reply to this is by saying;"At least we're not on Rocbattle."

22. 292570
    shebiola : Thu 7th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

i disagree with deleting any loop, if people can deliberately decay a drum loop and call it dirty, any loop can find a place in a track and fit in perfectly. varieties(good or bad) is the spice of life. am not encouraging mediocrity here.

23. 331516
    JamminMane : Sun 10th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

people just need to make and keep there own loops......

24. 187226
    lelandchapman : Sun 10th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

i think 1 mans "trash loop" is another mans gem. maybe if someone just got rid of all the unauthorized hip hop drum loops. that might help.
    i know 4 sure that there r way 2 many techno and dnb drum loops mixed in with the hiphop drum loops.

25. 300400
    RickMal : Mon 11th Jan 2010 : 9 years ago

yeh,every1 has different tastes,i dont kno how many hiphop SONGS there are on this site but everytime i check the tracklist theres atleast 10-15 on the page,
    along with rock and dance/techno/d&b id say hiphop is the most common genre,therfore so many loops,
    looperman needs more loops of all kinds,not that it matters to me at the mo cos i cant download anything!!!

Posts 1 - 25 of 130

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads