Got Noticed On Looperman By A Major Label Talent!

Posts 1 - 25 of 40
  1. 143864
    Vizronics : Tue 1st Dec 2009 : 10 years ago

Just wanted to share that a very big talent on the east coast who's label beleives she can be Brittney big. Noticed my remix of Nelly Furtado and has asked me to do a remix and produce some tracks with her. They loved how I build around an acapella. Any of you who have listened to my music know that I love working with 'good' female acapellas. The fact is , I didnt start mixing acapellas until last Feburary when I became active on looperman. Thanks Looperman, you may be responsible for my career actually taking off!

Viz

2. 286966
    ShowGunProductions : Tue 1st Dec 2009 : 10 years ago

That's what I like to hear. Congrats man! Hope it all pan's out for ya!

3. 230755
    Unknown User : Tue 1st Dec 2009 : 10 years ago

Thats the dream right there mate. Wow! Best wishes man, hope it's awesome and just plain unreal! :)

4. 317475

It shows tha people are not wasting their talents and time on this site. Everyone's star shine in strange and different places. Looperman is the place to be. congrate and good luck with everything.well done.

5. 270061
    JoyfulWAVE : Tue 1st Dec 2009 : 10 years ago

yeah...that makes looperman different...
    i think here are many big boss looking around for new talents...
    and the best thing is...that loopers talk about your music...not about the weather...i love looperman...
    congrate and good luck...

6. 318753
    DJsDragoN : Tue 1st Dec 2009 : 10 years ago

Great Man! I'm glad to hear it! My best of luck to you! :)
    I heard your remix of Nelly Furtado's track and I agree you did a fantastic job on it!

7. 221690

omg mane

u2

mane a few weeks ago i was emailed by a label
    dat herd a few of my beats
    nd dey sade dey wud lik 2work sumtime

8. 312046

goood luck wiv that man...beware tho of being used..it happens to millions of artists every year...be on ya toes...that said many people make it from somewhere and i dont see why record executives wouldn be ignorin the big cats to use stuff from places like here...for 1 there prophit margins are way up coz they can pay practically nothing for beats from unknowns compared to peeps like p diddy,timberland etc etc...a lot of 50cents beats came from places like here...ub wouldnt ever know that tho coz he not gonna advertise it but if u research it ul find it to b fact....
    jus b carefull

9. 143864
    Vizronics : Tue 1st Dec 2009 : 10 years ago

@blunt ted - yeah I am very aware of what goes on the biz. I've been doing commercial production professionally now for 5 years and before that was in bands that came close to breakin' it. In any event, in order to break you are going to have to do something for less than it's worth. My college education has afforded me the luxury of not being some bright eyed kid who will fall into a trap. My sister is an attorney and is working to get me the proper representation as we speak. I think what struck her most is that I have 'pop' sensibilities,whereas, most of the people are just making hip-hop beats and epic instrumentals. i have focused on making a 'radio ready' sound. I appreciate the heads up though. Dont worry, I am no dummy.

10. 262259
    CalifKen : Tue 1st Dec 2009 : 10 years ago

If I sing in an epic instrumental and no one is around to hear it, is it still an epic instrumental?

11. 308224
    theHumps : Tue 1st Dec 2009 : 10 years ago

Way to go, good luck!

12. 262259

Yes everyone should be careful. I did 12-16 hours of work for a music placement company out here in Hollywood - Drive Music / Hitt Music Group. Search for Hitt Music Group. Enough said. I stopped working, ran as fast as I could in the other direction. And learned my lesson bigtime.

BTW they were going to "promote" my music in exchange for my developing their website.

13. 262259

I'M GONNA SAY THIS ONE IN ALL CAPS - VIZRONICS YOU'RE THE MAN!!! IT TOTALLY MAKES SENSE TOO. IF I had a spare female, I would totally send her your way. Seriously, sincerely. I actually have a female acapella to send you that I paid $100 for, but I am not sure about the licensing / writer / owner issues, but it sounds like you might know a bit about that huh? If you do, email me, and I'll explain. BUT CHEERS MAN. I COULD HAVE FELT THIS ONE COMING A DANCEFLOOR AWAY.

14. 312046

thats good man...your intelligense wil take u a long way...its good u have your sister lookin out 2...its a good point about doin something for less its value...ie givin stuff away...a lot of big artists these days give there music away free and rely on merchandise..music game is evolving..the key is to evolve with it..

15. 143864
    Vizronics : Wed 2nd Dec 2009 : 10 years ago

@Ken, thanks dude you are golden. Believe me if a huge door opens for me I will definitely through a referral your way as long as it's appropriate. I just got off the phone with some of the artist 'people'. Yes, they are looking to save money. Their thinking is 'why pay someone 100k when an unknown can deliver at 10 to 20 percent of the cost" makes sense to me. And I will receive credit and retainer fees. Looks right but I am definitely going to have the papers looked over with a fine tooth comb. Thanks for the well wishes and warnings. Just dont become a hater. That's just not cool. Write something that a 15 year old girl will like and then you will be marketable. Sad but true.

16. 262259
    CalifKen : Wed 2nd Dec 2009 : 10 years ago

sparkles, glitter, ponies and myspace dot com

17. 270478
    TheDonMusic : Wed 2nd Dec 2009 : 10 years ago

hey congrats, don't really know you but real happy for a fellow looperman

18. 229129
    CONEYISLANDRECORDS : Wed 2nd Dec 2009 : 10 years ago

What "major" label noticed you?

19. 143864

@coneyisland I never said 'major' label. I said 'big talent on the east coast signed to a label' Just to clarify. It's not a million dollar deal. It's just a young lady with a solid following who is being polished for what Could be a major investment. I didnt hit the jackpot. In essence. . .I got real paying work with some potential to grow. I am sorry I brought it up now.

Thanks, later and I hope this works out.

20. 229129

Its all good I was just wondering. You did title your post: "got noticed on looperman by a major label talent"

21. 143864

My bad. But to be honest. Her group is with a major label. But hell, I know it's just another 20 yr old girl that people are looking to exploit. I just want to make good 'mass' music. There are so many guys better than me out there and I know this. I just got fucking lucky for a minute and hope it all works out. I think she's good and they do to. It might flop. I dont know. But I am going to put the Viz touch on it and see what happens.

22. 229129

You will never know until you try it out.

23. 293573
    Spudsy : Wed 2nd Dec 2009 : 10 years ago

Dude......

I love to hear about people doing well I remember you saying you was stressed a little while ago so its great news to hear that your moving upwards and onwards.

your good at what you do and im not surprised that you have been noticed at all, i whole heartedly congratulate you on getting your foot in the door and wish you the best for the future, you deserve it :)

But just make sure your still logging in with us loopers when you hit it big, :P

24. 143864

Never know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall. . .

25. 293573
    Spudsy : Wed 2nd Dec 2009 : 10 years ago

OMG ur drunk aint ya! people only sing the Beatles when there drunk, like the rolling stones, stevie wonder and Elvis..... all drunken faves, lol.

Posts 1 - 25 of 40

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads