First Time Producer

Posts 1 - 25 of 30
  1. 33300
    S_K_P : Mon 1st Jan 2007 : 12 years ago

Hello to all,
    I'm really new to music production, and have never studied music or music production/engineering. I' m trying my worst to create DnB tunes and looking fo some guidance. I've started with Synapse audio's Orion Platinum 7 and a few plug-ins like Linplugs Albino 3 and a couple of freeware versions from a magazine called computer music. hope ther is some 1 out ther who is keen to teach or point inthe right direction. cheers

2. 34972
    demolitionkid : Tue 16th Jan 2007 : 12 years ago

well welcome to the abyss!!!!Their is so much out there bro!!Keep readin computer magizine they have taught me alot!!all the other mags are crap,but they mite have a good free samples or two.lets see.......i write drumandbass also,what luck!!its gonna be hard,but dont give up!If u get frustrated start over on another track and come back to the one that pissed u off after u cant remember what it sounded like.ur ears will get tired,take rests from writin music.the first thing to drop out is the treble!!so never fiddle to much after long hours.I would use FL studio to get u started in learning sequencing.That is a great program that i wrote drumandbass in for like 4 years.I now write in ableton live.It is the best in my opinion!!for other help come with me to www.drumnbass.be good luck and if u ever need help hit me up!!

3. 33300
    S_K_P : Wed 17th Jan 2007 : 12 years ago

Thanx,for replying, and, yeah i will sign up to drumandbass.be, as i want all the advice i can get. so far i'm happy with what i've made and am keen to do so much more. THANX again, i will stay tuned :)

4. 2355
    Unknown User : Mon 5th Mar 2007 : 12 years ago

I'm definitely sounding redundant by now but, Magix Music Maker Deluxe is BY FAR the best program for beginners. I'm a professional musician, have worked with EVERY program around and this is by far my favorite.
    It's interface is incredibly simple but it's options are endless. It's modulation effects are limited but that's my only complaint. It will also let you drag and drop video and add special video effects. It's just the best overall program due to it's ease of use.

Any other processing I need can be done with Cool Edit Pro. If I want to add some flange and tremolo, I load the sample into C.E.P, process it, save it as a new wav file then drag and drop it where ever it's needed in my Magix project. It's by far the easiest while being equally as thorough as any other music creating program out there.

I also have an older version of Magix with less options. They're all easy to use though and the newer versions really do it all.

5. 54531
    bikeman : Fri 6th Apr 2007 : 12 years ago

jonDeath - you forgeot to say you work for Magix and you're a bigheaded bullshitter

6. 34972
    demolitionkid : Fri 6th Apr 2007 : 12 years ago

omg funny funny bikeman

7. 2355
    Unknown User : Fri 6th Apr 2007 : 12 years ago

bikeman, demolitionkid, how bout we jump on yahoo mic and duel on guitar. Then after I humiliate you, you can go jump off your parents roof since you'll have absolutely no choice but to accept that you're an ignorant poser that lacks skill, talent and intelligence.

I don't have a big head because I'm not talking shit, I have what is called confidence, pride and ABILITY. I can back up everything I've said and am more than willing to do so.

demolitionkid you claim to be a luthier yet say your Ibanez is better than any of the numerous guitars you've built, that's something you should keep to yourself. Your Ibanex was probably around the $700 price range but is beyond a doubt a piece of shit compared to any of the guitars I've built.

It's funny to hear guys post their sample based music here but not because it's bad, because it took them a month to make a song I could have made in a couple hours. Hell, in 3 days I can not only have a completed song but a full blown video with special effects sync'd to the feel of the music.

Bikeman go ride your Schwinn through some heavy freeway traffic and leave the music to the professionals. Demolitionkid, go play in that heavy traffic and see if you can tackle him into the grill of a semi doing 50

8. 34972

you keep running your mouth and ill have you banned asshole :D and i didnt say numerous......i said i built one.no ive tried to be nice to you bro ,but you keep talkin shit.i personally dont give a fuck if you can beat steve vai ,eddie van halen and santana all with your hands behind your back.why do you ask?????????because i learned quick that i cant depend on the stuck up dumass that knows it all that plays guitar in my band.not all guitar players are like you,most are cool in fact.your just sour cuz someone shot you down at some point and now all you do is bitch at people on the internet.you know you mite be able to play bach on your guitar,but it wont sound worth a fuck if you know nothing of engineering.im here to help you man ,i will still help you ,but you really need to humble yourself.

9. 54531

'lets duel on MSN?yahoo messegnger' - ooooeeeer

Yeah I play while you send a recording. Anyway maybe you are great - you at least must think so anyway. So comon post something - we all just want to see how great you are and if you can match that fat mouth of yours.

10. 54531

ote 'Hell, in 3 days I can not only have a completed song but a full blown video with special effects sync'd to the feel of the music.'

3 days it is then - post your shit on monday and impress us all!

11. 34972

ne1 for guitar hero? lmao

12. 2355
    Unknown User : Fri 6th Apr 2007 : 12 years ago

Listen hear bicycle dweeb, I'll make you cry by playing a tapped arpeggio that would tie your fingers in knots. You want a mic duel I'll be more than happy to play in real time on the mic. The only recording there will be will be you recording me so you can turn around and claim it as your playing.
    I'll hit 8 finger tapped arpeggios that will make you cry like a little girl over how much you suck. Any time, any place.

demolitionkid you started it as well with your arrogant and unfounded assumptions. Like how I need to learn more software when I've been to school for sound and music engineering. Then you say you've built your own guitar and your Ibanez is better as your way to imply that if YOU can't built a better guitar than one built by a commercial brand, I surely can't either, how arrogant and unjustified.
    You guys have the big heads and keep trying to backpedal on everything you've said. Build a drop top laminate neck thru 8 string then play it competently at a level higher than myself, then I'll not only respect you but admit you're better than me.
    And plenty of guitarists are feuding assholes, you're more than proof of this with the way you started your posts in reply to mine. You came in swinging both fists like a blind retarded kid with your "?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?" punctuated sentences.

Here's the ultimate challenge, my album should be done by early to mid summer, I have no doubts I'll easily get signed to a major label. Lets see who can win this race and land the biggest contract.

13. 54531
    bikeman : Sat 7th Apr 2007 : 12 years ago

You know what I specially got up today because I was keen to read your reply and you didn't fail me. Bicycle dweeb?! Boy you yanks know how to insult dont you. How I laughed, your ramblings are really making my day - keep em coming.

BUT don't spend too much time on this because we're expecting something great from you on moday. If you cant give us something then I hope you're going to stop your bragging.

ps you yanks still getting f'ked over in Iraq?

14. 1
    Looperman : Sat 7th Apr 2007 : 12 years ago

As said in another thread.

Keep things on topic, dont just bitch at each other. If you want to rant at each other do it somewhere else.

These forums dont exist so that you can bitch at each other. Im not into banning people but I will just delete the accounts of people who cant be civil and use the site in a positive way.

Note to self.... Code something to allow me to lock a topic too :-)

15. 34972
    demolitionkid : Sat 7th Apr 2007 : 12 years ago

jon bro you are totally out of line.look i may have said a thing or two to piss you off,but i have read the spec list for mm and i am not impressed.thats all i was saying.now i will leace it at that and i hope we can get past that.let me apologize for anything i have said.your right i dont know you or the experience you have in all subjects,but on the same hand you judge me and tell me i dont know what im talking bout.can we agree that each of us has our own walk?i can!!!like i said sorry for anything i said bro :)can we please get past this? skp sry for ruining the thread bro.looperman same to you.we all need to pull our resources together and get as many people here as possible.LONG LIVE LOOPERMAN.COM!!!!

16. 2355
    Unknown User : Sun 8th Apr 2007 : 12 years ago

No, I'm definitely not out of line, I simply offered a really great alternative to the mainstream software that gets around like a trailer park whore and everyone came running with pitch forks, torches and crosses.

Everyone can use what they want but if you want professional results on a project that requires a month but you only have a week, I would tell you to use Magix. These are the points I've been making.
    Someone comes into your studio, hands you a film short project and you have a week to edit the video, add sound effects and score the work, I know without question Magix will get you praised results and you'll be finished in record time.

As far as the fighting is concerned, tis the nature of the internet be it message boards or chat clients. Civil chat seems to be for IRC and heavily moderated forums.

I've just always been a pioneer. I always part from the mainstream and find a better path so obviously when I go to a forum loaded with people that are used to eating nothing but oranges no matter what the strain, of course there will be an uprising when I say these apples taste great and are better for you.

This hasn't all been in vain however, it's inspired me to create an all in one system for the independent musician such as myself and I'm sure many others here, that don't want the headaches of bringing in other musicians just so they can lay down instrument tracks for songs YOU wrote.
    You write and produce an entire album then suddenly you have guys wanting royalties because they played bass or trumpet and maybe added a thing or two to a song that was written possibly years before you ever met them.
    Be it financial greed or credit, I see no reason in handing royalties over to someone or a group of guys that did nothing more than session work on your compositions.
    This is definitely where royalty free samples ice the cake but for the free form musician such as myself, samples are only useful a fraction of the time. A good keyboard and a program like Magix does the trick though.

Most of what I do isn't electronica anyway, it's rock, metal or film work, music that is band oriented..this should also make it rather obvious why I'm very hesitant about who I share my work with due to copyright and music theft issues. Some fagot that produced some tracks for John Mayer ripped me off..that's more humiliating than anything else!

So no hard feelings, it's just the internet. If I or anyone is going to reach major success, fighting over software or who is more capable doesn't mean jack shit. If capability had anything to do with it, 90% of the bands to get mainstream commercial success in the last 10 years wouldn't have made a dime while hard working, dedicated musicians would be flooding the TV and radio waves with more music than the public could ever listen to because there's definitely no shortage of highly skilled musicians. When I see Jack White credited as a great guitarist, I just sorta roll my eyes and laugh it off..or antagonize the idiot saying it and humiliate the fool with a volcanic, avalanching eruption of arpeggios and alternate picked note runs at 300 bpm.

17. 583767
    eshar : Sun 8th Apr 2007 : 12 years ago

OMG... I think I almost had a heart attack I was laughing so much at you three. There is definitely the script to an oscar winning movie here... I don't know what you'all look like but I nominate Johnny Depp Keanu Reeves and Jude Law to play you...

18. 34972
    demolitionkid : Sun 8th Apr 2007 : 12 years ago

blah blah blah

19. 34972

yes jon you are so right bro!!!i must have been so stupid!!!to think i spent 7 years learning software to find out that the multiaward winning software i use has been defeated by mm 10......thanks for showing me the light :P and jon dude you really need to get off of this me me me kick....once again drop it

20. 34972

and apples suck

21. 2355
    Unknown User : Sun 8th Apr 2007 : 12 years ago

7 years???
    You don't even have any clips of you actually playing an instrument, that 7 years isn't worth bragging about from what I heard on your mymusic page.

I'm not on a me kick, I'm making a point as professional, well educated and highly skilled musician.
    I mean 7 years???
    I've heard people do more in just 7 months. You can get certified in a few months time through the right school and land a job in a major studio dude.

Work with Magix for a couple hours a day for the next few weeks, you'll see why I stress it's use for the highly productive musician MAKING A LIVING. For you trolls that just fart around making CD's to give to friends or DJ at your local dive dance club, go ahead and build your ego with famous software that you believe is so very widely used by the big boys in the industry. I know damn well that easily 90% of you here didn't actually buy it, you downloaded and used a serial crack for it based on popularity.

By the way, Sequoia 9 and Samplitude ARE top dog in the industry, they're also made by Magix and cost in the thousands.

...and apples are extremely good for you, highest source of edible fiber THAT EXISTS.

22. 34972

just give it up man

23. 34972

your gonna get "deleted" for being uncivil jon,please just chill out bro.i respect your view and opinion plz do the same for me

24. 1
    Looperman : Mon 9th Apr 2007 : 12 years ago

QUOTE = As far as the fighting is concerned, tis the nature of the internet be it message boards or chat clients. Civil chat seems to be for IRC and heavily moderated forums.

Jon, its not the nature of the internet as I and many others dont feel the need to rant its more the nature of individuals. These forums and this site is moderated.. By me.. Im tired of logging in each day to read arguments that go nowhere. I think youve all done both threads to death now.

Everyone use whatever you want to make music. Its up to you. Whatever works for you and thats that. Was that not the original question in the other thread and the guidance that the original poster here was after.

How much a pro anyone is of how big or little there studio is or how much they earn or how long it takes them to make a track or how good a guitar they can build or whos dad is toughest or whos ball it actually is schoolyard stuff.

Let this be the final word on it. Ive said it once but if you want to rant, be offensive or bang your head against a brick wall do it somewhere else.

If you want to use this site chill out

Consider this thread locked.. Over.. Finito

25. 2355
    Unknown User : Mon 9th Apr 2007 : 12 years ago

Looperman if you think the internet isn't riddled with people fighting, you're seriously in a fishbowl. Go on any popular chat client or any popular forum, easily half of what goes on is fighting. Yahoo is dominated by yahoo crews, go to any room and you'll find there's always a small mob of people that are ALWAYS there and are the best of "friends".
    It's because they're part of a yahoo crew and are generally looking for people to yahack and toy with.

And to be even more specific, it's generally when someone offers up an alternative to what's agreed upon by the general consensus.
    Destroy the outlander......

Posts 1 - 25 of 30

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads