Why That Name? All Members

Posts 176 - 200 of 200
  1. 379853
    Alen9R : Wed 7th Jul 2010 : 12 years ago

Rihter(in Croatian) or Richter(in English) is a unit of measurement for an earthquake!

2. 375728
    Cybertooth : Wed 7th Jul 2010 : 12 years ago

originally, i thought of cybertooth when i heard bluetooth the first time. i wondered why they didnt call it a cybertooth, because thats what it was and what it looked like. then, much time later, play rockband, it randomly brings up the name pixelface bearface, so i replaced bearface so it was pixelface cybertooth. that got me in the state of mind to use it as a band name, so here i am

3. 116269
    DextDee : Thu 8th Jul 2010 : 12 years ago

interesting yet again. nice reason ya'll me loving this post

4. 159051
    Unknown User : Thu 8th Jul 2010 : 12 years ago

haha funny question =)

I came someday to this site.
    I saw: "Oh, here are not many Piano-Loops" lol

So i made some :P
    And of cause, Pianosounds likes Pianosounds :DDD

5. 375728
    Cybertooth : Thu 8th Jul 2010 : 12 years ago

i would have been doctor sarcastic, all my friends call me that because im not good at showing when im being sarcastic, they always think im serious. it kind of stuck

6. 339043
    StephenPotter : Thu 8th Jul 2010 : 12 years ago

Ok, so heres an interesting one. When I was 4, maybe 5, I tried signing up to this website, not too sure which one, but I put my username as stephen, and obviously it wouldn't accept that, so it came up with four name suggestions. One of these was stephen4705. So I've stuck with that ever since, which means my username is almost 10 years old.

Ste :)

7. 425663
    feista : Thu 8th Jul 2010 : 12 years ago

Pretty simple.

"fei" is my initials.
    "FiSta" is the name of my favorite episode of my favorite anime, FLCL.

Thus, I combined it to form "feista".

...a lot of people seem to confuse it with "fiesta", which I think is pretty awesome anyway.

8. 227716
    TheAbyssBeatGuruJayP : Thu 8th Jul 2010 : 12 years ago

Well i started making music when i was in a bad emotional state. i felt like i was sinking into a dark deep abyss. Making beats sorta took me to another state of mind and helped me forget my problems for a while. when i found my style, the dark compositions that i like to do, i just started referring to myself as The Abyss because everyone said my music sounded cinematic at times and it captured there minds and started making them think of dark scenes and stuff.

The beatguru part came later when i started sorta perfecting my style and my homeboy just started calling me a guru with these beats and stuff.

and Jay-P is my nickname that ppl call me usually. It started in 4th grade. My real name is Jeremy. there was another Jeremy in my class. so i was like "we'll yall can just call me J.P." Then in middle school i went to a halloween party as a Hip Hop vampire and i was listening to a lot of Jay-Z at the time, so in fake blood i wrote on my t-shirt "Jay-P" and that was that.

9. 116269
    DextDee : Thu 8th Jul 2010 : 12 years ago

ahahaha, i laughed at the last 2 stories, awesome guys, keep em coming. me enjoying them.

10. 342174
    DJFredrick : Thu 8th Jul 2010 : 12 years ago

This a great thread! :)
    Liked your story Stephen! :) 10 years yeezy!
    Mines simple really,
    In the sport Capoeira you can be given a Portuguese Nickname by your style of fight and such. So I got Elfo (Elf) Cause I have like Pointed ears ish :P and well blonde hair/fair complexion. And they said I fight like an Elf lol so there it is ;).

cheers amigos

Aelfo

11. 321894
    BlazinS : Thu 8th Jul 2010 : 12 years ago

My real last name is Blaesing which sounds like Blazing and I Blaze frequently

12. 119171
    johnnygadget : Thu 8th Jul 2010 : 12 years ago

Well about 20 years ago or more a neighbor called me Mcgyver because I was always either fixing stuff or tearing something apart and fabricating something else out of it! I didn't like the name Mcgyver so he started calling me gadget from the inspector gadget fame well it stuck like glue and now most people I know call me gadget or Johnny gadget! my brother even calls me gadget!
    even my mom from time to time! some people think my last name is gadget!when I started my recording studio I called it Gadgetland Music factory! but my girlfriend Rita calls me "babes"

13. 108840
    Squidwelder : Thu 8th Jul 2010 : 12 years ago

Christofur is an almost-alter-ego of mine I can enter when I need to get away from myself. It's a self-character I created to expand a particular aspect of me, and one I can easily slip into and out of without consequence. I have always had a fascination with the cheetah, and that's not just my avatar, but a part of Christofur, that otherself I've created over the years. Christofur is my name for my creativity, my passion for life, and for the things I enjoy. It's a self I can become when I need to indulge in a sensation or activity. It's a self I can retreat to when I need to be alone within myself.
    Christofur is many things, but above all, I am, in part, Christofur.

14. 415259
    Leagues : Thu 8th Jul 2010 : 12 years ago

Obviously my screen name is PRESSone - (which in fact was my graff alias back in the day). My stage name is '20,000 Leagues Under The Sea' or 'Leagues' for short. I chose that name because I simply love the novel "" written by Jules Verne.

15. 116269
    DextDee : Fri 9th Jul 2010 : 12 years ago

yet another interesting posts, Johnnygadget, sounds kool already. reminds me of my childhood too.

16. 285149
    vigwig : Fri 9th Jul 2010 : 12 years ago

My brothers called me vig because my name is vic and they wanted something that couples with derrogatory words like vigstain, viggoon and so on. My paper airplanes were vig stain rock forcing planes (you have to think scatologically). But I adopted it as my nom de plume and it took the pressure off when my little sister was born, a.k.a. Les hag.

17. 116269
    DextDee : Tue 4th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

reviving this post as there are some new faces

18. 341564
    arkeyetexture : Tue 4th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

firstly its a play on words, arkeyetexture, architecture. i belive we here are all sonic architects and designers of sound. we work with Vsts and loops and sound and noise to create rather than brick and morter.
    second its a nod to the Black Ark Studios(now burnt down) and Lee Scratch Perry, one of the largest scources of inspiration for me.

19. 207208
    Manzet : Tue 4th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

For Me It Was Simple.. Manzet Was And Family NickName Given To Me By My Late Great Father And Grandfather So... Manzet Is Who I Am To The Core. No Gimmicks Or Falsehoods Just The Real Me...

Manzet

20. 526890
    ST3RL1NG : Tue 4th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

ST3RL1NG = sterling just with some numbers instead of letter's just to make it look a bit more swish.

21. 438673
    DJSchmeeJ : Tue 4th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

When I was like 18 (many years ago) I was fresh out of high school and moving to Orlando Fl to start a new life. I wanted to more musically and thought "Ken" was too boring for a rocker. I wanted something like "Lefty" or "Chainsaw"... so my buddy started calling me Lefty CXhainsaw! I would go out for drinks and some of my friends in bands on stage would introduce me cause of the name and I would sit in on a song or two. Then I moved to east Texas and got a raio DJ gig when I was working on the copier and struck up a conversation with the morning DJ guy... I told him I play guitar and he said to call him and he'd put me on the air...and asked my name... there was already a guy with my name on the air in that area so I went with Lefty Chainsaw. He LOVED that and put me on the air, and eventually gave me my own show. I moved around a little and still go by that name (lefty) when it comes to Rock live!
    I had to come up with a DJ name when I started my own business and thought it was funny that everybody went by DJ this or DJ that... so to make fun of the whole DJ subculter (which is really just a guy that pushes buttons to play someone elses music... no glamour to me) I came up with DJ Schmee J! Usually I keep my DJ life seperate from my Rocker life (which is just me full time) and go by Lefty cause I aint right!

22. 513706
    Gorsky : Tue 4th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

not sure ST3RL1NG gave it to me randomly LOL

23. 116269
    DextDee : Wed 5th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

@gorsky then ask him why. that name. lol

24. 156221
    DanielGtrman : Wed 5th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

I got my name from the school of obvious. name = Daniel. Instrument played = Guitar. Gender = Male. so you get = DanielGtrman. Problem is there's another one knocking around on other music websites and it ain't me....

25. 330969
    DFury : Wed 5th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

Good idea DextDee. It's a bit funny how I came about mine. A friend of mine (and his close friends) used to give girls fake comic-book-hero sounding names when they went out to see how long they would play along, they were huge flirts and silly. One of them was Mason Storm, can't recall the others. So I came up with Dresdon Fury, sounded pretty bad ass. There you have it. It's my poker handle too. - Jerome

Posts 176 - 200 of 200

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.