Anyone Use Presets?

Posts 1 - 7 of 7
  1. 34452
    Gsusfrk : Tue 15th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

as it says....
    I used to jus use presets, I sometimes use them now, it takes a while to learn and understand the freq's but once you do, you can get some good stuff out of diff synths...

2. 89446
    GameboiX : Tue 15th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

How do you Make synths sound different?

3. 67443
    SLAPJOHNSON : Tue 15th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

Ableton is so easy, all the preset effects are MONSTER!!! Then you can tweak if you want to. All the presets in the line 6 tone port are awesome also,vocals,guitars,bass,keys are all ready set, then you can save yopur own as well, cheers Slap...

4. 109421
    SaintAvithe : Wed 16th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

I barely EVER use presets.

I think using presets is sort of like cheating.

I always create my own sounds from scratch using reason's thor, and my drums are often messed with in battery and then imported into reason's redrum.

You should all try that, its pretty fun.

5. 68799
    bosonHavoc : Fri 18th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

when i'm looking for a sound and its all ready set that makes me very happy :)

but i spend days tweaking.
    in fact my new found love is learning the ins and outs of ableton's operator... i think i'm falling in love lol

back in the not so long past i had gear that the only way to make presets was to use different colored marks with markers near the knobs.
    o wait i still use some of that :P

i dont see nothing wrong with using presets but you have to remember that everyone that owns that same product has that same sound and could sound just like you....but a Rhodes is a Rhodes and a Grand is A Grand.

and a million songs have been written on fender stratocasters

6. 109673
    shamus1 : Thu 24th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

Pre sets can be good in some instances,like slap said, tweak further more if needed. A good example,the default malstrom kit,Reason3, it's cool sounding for layered bass,with some tweaks its sound fat!

7. 82073
    MrRobot : Fri 25th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

I think, it is not bad to use presets

if the sound does not please
    preset can be customized/modified

Posts 1 - 7 of 7

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads