Downloading Loops For Use In Ableton 6

Posts 1 - 9 of 9
  1. 113331
    DJNC1 : Sun 13th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

Hi there - New here, so haapy for tips on searching previous post or a direct answer.

I've just downloaded a loop for use in Ableton 6, however the loop sounds completely different in Ableton than it did when I previewed it....

All tips welcome, as the original loop is sweeter than what
    I hear now....

Ta muchly for any offerings.

2. 113331
    DJNC1 : Mon 14th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

Any one?

Really appreciate any help to get going....

Thanks..

3. 55357
    ultrabase : Tue 15th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

could be tempo,pitch,extra need more info to help you out.

4. 71878
    Psychotropic_Circle : Tue 15th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

check out preset bpm and then very important !!!!! the time signature of the original if it´s an odd groove you can´t use the 4/4 120bpm preset and did it loop well in your preview or are there some ms space at the end then you have to cut for ex. 120 bpm is always 1 bar 2 sec but only in 4/4 simple mathematic in 90 bpm the same by 3/4

5. 113331
    DJNC1 : Wed 16th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

Hi- Thanks for your replies rattekatte & Psychotropic_circle

The loop I'm trying is

Emisphere Lead
    Category : Synth Loops
    Genre :Trance
    Author :sensationdj
    Added on : Sun 13th Jan 2008

Tempo :140 bpm
    Size :0.30 mb
    Type :44Hz Wav
    Downloads : 82

When I preview the loop in Internet explorer, I get one sound loop, once downloaded, I get a different sound in the loop.\\

bpm and everything set correctly in ableton - Even if I just preview the loop in something simple like windows media, the sound is differnet?

Any more ideas? Really appreciating your help here & trying hard to get a project going.

Thanks

6. 68799
    bosonHavoc : Fri 18th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

maybe sample rate/bit depth?

7. 113331
    DJNC1 : Sat 19th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

Thanks - any ideas how I check sample rate / bit depth and get round the issue?

Cheers

8. 69190
    Unknown User : Sat 19th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

I use Ableton so I downloaded the file and played it to see what would happen. What you get is a 4 second loop - hiss...hiss...hiss etc. I DL hundreds of wav files and haven't ever seen this. Somehow the file is getting buggered on the DL. I am assuming that other wav files you DL play correctly on Ableton, right?

9. 113331
    DJNC1 : Sun 20th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

hi ssciallo, yep, all other DL's are fine - just this one causing frustration....(I get the 4 second hiss hiss loop too) thanks for checking it out and taking the time to reply. I'm glad this is the only one you've seen out of many, as I'm sure I'll be 'hitting' this site more often....

Looks like I need to focus on my synth skills to see what I can up with rather than pursue this one further.

Thanks again to everyone that offered suggestions.

I will keep watching the forums to see where I might be able to offer help in the future.

Ciao.

Posts 1 - 9 of 9

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads