Sample Loops & Fruity Loops

Posts 1 - 9 of 9
  1. 112549
    Dj_Enigma : Thu 10th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

Hi im new to music production and have started off by practising with fruity loops. I do have a question however... how do I go about shortening or changing the bpm on sample loops that I have imported? Hope that makes sense?

Thanks in advance.

2. 4353
    Daniel_Calvert : Thu 10th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

time strecth.

3. 97575
    plaz : Thu 10th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

Ya I dont really think there is a way to shorten a sample and not the whole song just by changing the tempo. But if you use time stretch and adjust the pitch to how u like it: It does the trick.

4. 83928
    thehandthatrocks : Thu 10th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

You could export the loop to sony music acid studio and then change it's tempo. Once you've done that you can then export again to load with FL studio. never tried it but it might work. you can get acid music express version for free on their website.

5. 84858
    RoccoTalula : Fri 11th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

Within FL you can either use time stretch or on that same window if you scroll down look for the pracomputed effects seccion and play with the: In, Out, POGO, CRF and Trim knobs!

Also open a FL session just to edit your samples, save changes among the Packs or Project Files. Then bring them to your original FL session, this files are located on the left side of FL.

6. 84858
    RoccoTalula : Fri 11th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

I ment Precomputed Effects!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. 112549
    Dj_Enigma : Fri 11th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

Thank you for you help people. Following on from the above question the reason why I am asking this question is that im finding it hard to create a decent Trance melody (hence resorting to sample loops). I have no trouble creating drum, percussion & bass loops but kinda get a bit stuck when it comes to melodies. Any tips???

8. 84858
    RoccoTalula : Sat 12th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

FL has some pretty good synth plugins, like: PoiZone, Wasp, Sytrus, Toxic III, among others. Even thu they're demos (meaning that you can't save their presets in the session) you could get the whole melody done, bounce it to wav file then export it back to the session, if you that I advice you not to bounce the wav file with any effect at all this way you can manipulate the outcome of it later on when mixing. Another good advise is that if your like me
    I take my time when doing a melody and most of the time I don't get in one session, what do is that once I get a desired melody for the day I open a new track on the sequencer with let say FL Keys that's
    standard with FL. I then copy the piano roll sequencing from the demo plug in and paste it into the FL Keys. This way I can save the session and when later I re-open it I just open back the Demo Plug in
    and paste back sequencing from FL Keys. Also don't forget to add
    a Fl Notebook to write down the preset you used on the Demo plg in before!

Other great Synth Plg ins: Hypersonic, Orchestral, Sample Tank, Kontact, Miroslav, Mach V, I can go on and on...

9. 84858
    RoccoTalula : Sat 12th Jan 2008 : 12 years ago

My first Languaje it's Spanish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PEACE!

Rocco

Posts 1 - 9 of 9

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads