How Do I Get This Certain Effect In Acid Music Studio...

Posts 1 - 12 of 12
  1. 97767
    soupdup : Fri 30th Nov 2007 : 12 years ago

Ok, me and my friend were listening to a certain song by Hypocrisy (death/melodic metal band from Europe) and in their Virus album, they have a song (dont know what the title is) in which the middle, they kind of almost time-stretch/slow down the two (or more) guitar tracks that are playing, then go back full speed into the song. and its a pretty fast song, i'd say about 160+ BPM, how do you get that effect? its almost like a DJ effect when they slow down a record... JW how you get it in Sony Acid Music Studio 7.0, any help is greatly appreciated! so far i've only managed a whammy bar sort of effect...

2. 63133
    RogueAi : Fri 30th Nov 2007 : 12 years ago

You stretch it in the track properties section.

3. 97767
    soupdup : Fri 30th Nov 2007 : 12 years ago

i tried that, but WHAT exactly do i stretch? the beat measure or what? or the time? and if its the time, where do i find that...

4. 72432
    anchor : Fri 30th Nov 2007 : 12 years ago

If you have sound forge you can do it with the pitch bend effect. Using a whammy bar should be how they do it though. However, it's good to see another Hypocrisy fan on here though! :D

5. 79105
    Centrist : Fri 30th Nov 2007 : 12 years ago

It's extremely difficult to modify one part of a song's tempo in acid. You could do the beats by hand, or you could let your song become pregnant and give it a little stretchy-stretch.

6. 63133
    RogueAi : Sat 1st Dec 2007 : 12 years ago

You stretch the number of beats.

7. 97767
    soupdup : Sat 1st Dec 2007 : 12 years ago

Sound forge i do have, maybe i'll try that... thanks for the tip. chimpyguy, i have NO idea how to do what you explained, so your going to have to simplify it a bit more :-p

8. 79105
    Centrist : Sat 1st Dec 2007 : 12 years ago

I'm talkin' about a hibbity-hobbity shwing swang!

9. 97767
    soupdup : Sat 1st Dec 2007 : 12 years ago

not much help again, lol. but yea, the Sony Sound Forge idea helped a tad. just that when i rendered the song in Acid, then edited in Forge, then back to acid, Acid made the song a tad faster than the loops... so its like i finish the ENTIRE song then do the final mix down in Forge :-/

10. 34452
    Gsusfrk : Sat 1st Dec 2007 : 12 years ago

I do it the hard way:
    I'd make a MP3 of what u want the slowly (layer by layer) make each layer a diff speed and then bring it back up...

11. 97767
    soupdup : Sun 2nd Dec 2007 : 12 years ago

....?

12. 34452
    Gsusfrk : Sun 2nd Dec 2007 : 12 years ago

It's hard to explain over the internet... recently I asked for some help from a professional DNB artist and he said it couldnt be said over the net because its hard to explain but the only way to show someone is through being there or over the phone... I now see why...
    Listen im not crazy lol, I've done it b4, its jus a longer way to do it. Prolly in ACID PRo you could make it an automation and slow it down the pace it up again...

Posts 1 - 12 of 12

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads