Guitar Track Transposed 1/2 Step (Acid Xpress)

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 96354
    clarv02 : Wed 31st Oct 2007 : 12 years ago

I just started using Acid Xpress a few days ago. I'm trying to record a song. I've loaded a backing track and I'm improvising over that, which of course adds a second track to the song. This is really weird, and I've looked around for a simple answer, but my guitar track is being raised a half step in the recording. When I'm playing it sounds natural (the backing track is in A minor and I'm playing an A pentatonic scale). But when I stop recording and listen to it, my guitar track has been raised a half step, which of course sounds awful. In the track properties, it is not being stretched.

(I'm using a Line 6 GuitarPort)

Does anyone have some insight on this?

Thank you!

2. 80963
    sofiloteo : Wed 31st Oct 2007 : 12 years ago

check the sample rate? someting similar happended to me once i messed the asio interface, yet i did notice some stretching so i figured out it must have been the ssmple rate. The stretching is minuscule, but is there and not reported by the DAW

3. 39029
    rei4real : Thu 1st Nov 2007 : 12 years ago

check the track properties on the bottom of the window: there's a pull down menu where you can choose wether if the sample is played as a loop or beatmapped or as a one shot ...
    acid stretches loops automatically to the tempo of the project!!!

hope that helps!!

peace, rei

4. 96354
    clarv02 : Sat 3rd Nov 2007 : 12 years ago

Ah ha!

The track was set as "beatmapped" and that was the problem. By changing it to "one shot", the half step stretch was removed.

Thanks!!

Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.