Cool Artists?

Posts 1 - 21 of 21
  1. 85845
    Unknown User : Sat 27th Oct 2007 : 12 years ago

I started this thread to ask and share with others some cool artists that people might not have heard of. I really like to hear different types of music and artists especially if no one has ever heard of them. Here is a small list of underground artists that I enjoy:

1. Wale (Hip-Hop/Rap) - a really cool rapper out of DC who reminds me of Lupe Fiasco & Kanye West. His style is light-years ahead of most mainstream rappers, plus his mixtape is a free download on his myspace!

2. Feist (Rock/Pop) - okay, maybe she's not completely underground, but she's not exactly a household name yet. Her music is so original, catchy, and relaxing. Check her out!

3. Ratatat - (Electronic) - i just recently discovered this group, but they've been around for about 5-6 years. Fans of hip-hop, Timbaland-style beats, and electronic music will love this group. Check out the song Gettysburg. It's like Timbaland meets punk rock.

4. TV On the Radio - (Rock/Electronic) - definitely not new, but their not well-known. They're a hidden gem. What I love about them is their ability to combine so many different styles of music and make it so catchy.

Theres just a couple. Anybody want to share some cool underground artists?

2. 79389
    Unknown User : Sat 27th Oct 2007 : 12 years ago

tv on the radio is simply fantastic. i think they're slowly gaining a bigger fanbase and may eventually get the respect they deserve. another great band to check out is the modern lovers. they're not new by any means, but i'm not sure how many people have heard them. if you enjoy country/folk kinda acoustic stuff, then i highly recomend checking out the devil makes three. they're fantastic. i'll be back on here with more as they come to me.

3. 55357
    ultrabase : Mon 29th Oct 2007 : 12 years ago

http://www.myspace.com/digitallov
    it is what it is
    New beat-artist diepandadie(looperman site)

4. 80914
    Unknown User : Mon 29th Oct 2007 : 12 years ago

I just started to listen to a duo called "digitalism" i like their combination of sounds and vocals sound good too. you can check them out on youtube. my fav track is "pogo" here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhvMGxSlkto

5. 86756
    NenadSimic : Mon 29th Oct 2007 : 12 years ago

hmm let me try...hope it works (fingers crossed)
    Darkwood Dub...myspace

these guys maybe wouldn't be nothing special if they were from UK or Emerica ,Sketchers,Fishbone...name more of the brands if you can think of one XD...but in our country...they had 5 albums in the last 8 years , and on every album they have at least three songs that every young person has heard of...
    I'm just bummed they only got 3 songs in their player, and those are not the best ones ...

6. 79389

ryuichi sakamoto. check it out. cool ambient stuff. i don't know much about it, but a friend gave me the "merry christmas mr. lawrence" album and i love it.

7. 86756

some dudes (and girlz) know of him , but
    Maybe i'll make someone that didn't know of this artist,happy ,
    by posting this link

Bonobo

if you knew these songs , but knew not the artist...i'm pretty sure you're happy :)

And Pharrell is kool...

and Sizemix is similar to Bonobo and similar , hehe :)

And some bulgarian dude Kink
    chek out his other profile also ,
    and Walmon and Kink/A>
    ...they're funke

i'm just impressed with this guy and him together with Walmon, 'cause his in the ountry next to mine and i've never heard of him/them , and they're awesome , and boy why don't we have electronic music like this in our country :( ...

8. 86756

haha kool :)

9. 85845

Thanks a lot to everyone who has contributed! I really like the groups Digitalism (thanks to loopz) and Bonobo (thanks to NenadSimic) I also wanted to mention M.I.A. Her music is so surreal and different but still very good. I also like the group Chromeo. I haven't listened to a lot of their music, but from what I've heard so far... I like.

Chromeo -> http://youtube.com/watch?v=0EUEA5nb7IU

M.I.A. -> http://youtube.com/watch?v=VDSnLcu2HTI

10. 96756
    Unknown User : Tue 30th Oct 2007 : 12 years ago

If youre into hiphop you need to check some Opgezwolle tracks, if your in to the raw sound check their album Spuugdingen, if you want fresh new style check Fakkelteit from the artist Sticks.

In dont know if youre into the blues, cause man i can go on hours naming forgotten blues artist, great inspirational music. Check Skip James, John Lee Hooker and Muddy waters if havent already ;)

11. 96756
  12. 55357
    ultrabase : Wed 31st Oct 2007 : 12 years ago

Alone In The Light (Extended Edit)Mark mutai(looperman)

13. 111123
    Speedykick : Thu 3rd Jan 2008 : 11 years ago

I have tree fav. artists at this moment. They are:

Akira - NL Hardcore/Terror/Speedcore DJ/Producer/Live (Owner of Hong Kong Violence -label)

Noisekick - NL Terror/Speedcore DJ/Producer/Live (Owner of Noisekick Records -label)

Noizefucker - NL Terror/Speed/Breakcore DJ/Live

Why?

Akira's style is unique due to others (Atleast IMO). Im working my ass off trying to find eShops which can ship to Finland without Paypal to get his albums. That's one reason whats got my attention to him.

Noisekick have so perfect tone ear for me. It's like listening my own music. That sounded stupid, but I cant explain it better. He is creating perfect beats etc for my ears. I just love him.

Noizefucker is one of the best DJ in terror/speedcore -scene because of his fast and distorted sounds. When ever I want to play music loud and get really good vibes Noizefucker is playing!

Overall:

I haven't found bad tracks from anyone of these tree guys, and I have pretty much 'em all.

Thanks!

14. 69965
    ChaseManhattan : Fri 4th Jan 2008 : 11 years ago

one that i like in particular is megiddo because producer who makes all his own shit. he definitly knows what hes doing

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=5221781

another is free speech which i think you might like more is free speech

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=5238717

15. 439229
    mrE : Fri 4th Jan 2008 : 11 years ago

the coolest artists for me are a group from the sahara region called
    tinariwen.there music is very chill , but it rocks. its extremely innovative.seriously check them out. i started reading about them and they are as badass as their music.TINARIWEN is an everyday listen for me.

16. 19243
    sharpshotoo7 : Sat 9th Feb 2008 : 11 years ago

heres just a few i like a little bit of everything there on youtube too. just search for them.

KLF - Last Train To Trancentral (Stadium House)
    Paul Oakenfold - Ready Steady Go
    Daft Punk - all of there songs
    Zombie nation - Kernkraft 400
    Tevin Campbell- stand out and i2i
    herbie hancock- rock it
    Afrika Bambaataa - Freestyle
    Rob Base and DJ Easy Rock - it takes two

17. 19243
    sharpshotoo7 : Sat 9th Feb 2008 : 11 years ago

forgot one these guy are really cool

Yoshida Brothers - Rising
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RERXiliJfdI

18. 120487
    bigproblemz : Wed 13th Feb 2008 : 11 years ago

The Nonce "Mix Tapes"
    Ceez Murdah "Predicates of a Gangsta"

OHH!!! And everyone do remember to get your free throwback samples!!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G58S82UP

Get the on the link above.

19. 112730
    Sector7even : Wed 13th Feb 2008 : 11 years ago

teysha-science of surfing..[herbie hancock loop in there]
    khalid kasim-dont know me
    third road home-sweet the open road
    point break spy-jazz man trips

all indy and all requestable at unknownradio.com
    all very good but you should all check-"jazz man trips" by 'pbs' its the best funk/jazzy/groove...no vocals, just a stoner, a shitty car, a surfboard and a big BITCH...i mean BEACH..lol

20. 86756
    NenadSimic : Tue 19th Feb 2008 : 11 years ago

check out this beat maker
    this is cool to me ...and many others...maybe you're one of them :O
    Jay Eye

21. 96919
    TaraToxic : Tue 19th Feb 2008 : 11 years ago

Anyone heard of strata?
    they are kinda a lively indie kinda style, well good.

Posts 1 - 21 of 21

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads