What Are Ogg/vorbis Formats Used For?

Posts 1 - 6 of 6
  1. 86756
    NenadSimic : Thu 4th Oct 2007 : 12 years ago

And what is "raw" ...

2. 72432
    anchor : Thu 4th Oct 2007 : 12 years ago

Ya got me, bro. All I know is I can make 'em if people need 'em. I've seen people use .ogg files on torrent sites before but that's about it. I think (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) that a .raw file is a form of a wav file. As for uses I'm not sure. lol.

3. 56635
    Forr4 : Thu 4th Oct 2007 : 12 years ago

I dunno either. I have a format converter that can convert stuff from or into those formats, along with APE and FLAC formats and standard ones like MP3, WAV, etc. Who knows, man. Try Google and see what you can find out. If you figure it out, tell us. My curiosity is aroused now, also.

4. 86756
    NenadSimic : Fri 5th Oct 2007 : 12 years ago

Yeah, googling is great , but i always try and see if people can explain it simple and easy...
    I guess Forr4 you went googling yourself cause your curious too ...
    I saw somewhere in some games that the sounds were in ogg format...
    maybe the playback is easier when they're ogg insted of wav , and maybe they're smaller, who knows ..
    But i can always export from SoundForge in ogg/vorbis and compare...
    at least i think i can...

5. 90894
    hexWarrior : Fri 5th Oct 2007 : 12 years ago

ogg and vorbis formats are open source audio files. more than that, though, they are able to contain more information, so have less lossy sound to them.

but at this point... wav's are just as good to use. it's all about your politics in the open source side of world. :P

6. 86756
    NenadSimic : Fri 5th Oct 2007 : 12 years ago

:P
    thanks

Posts 1 - 6 of 6

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads