Music Program

Posts 1 - 7 of 7
  1. 3474
    Gino : Thu 8th Jun 2006 : 13 years ago

Does anyone know any good music programs that allows you to use the computer keyboard to make your own beats and music? I find it hard just only using my collection of loops....
    Thanks very much!

2. 12180
    Daniel_Houston : Thu 10th Aug 2006 : 13 years ago

Hi Gino. The program that i use is called "Fruity Loops", which allows you to use your computer keyboard and is also great for time stretching and editing your loops aswell as creating your own tunes.

3. 11268
    Zombie_Mountain : Fri 25th Aug 2006 : 13 years ago

Mac or PC?

4. 15078
    DJ_Cipster : Sun 3rd Sep 2006 : 13 years ago

FL Studio (formerly called "Fruity Loops") is a PC-based software, but I'm not sure if it also works on a Mac. Check out their website if you want to learn more and even download a demo: www.flstudio.com. Yes, you can make beats and record melodies using your typing keyboard if you enable the keyboard mode in the software. My question is, why would you want to do that? If you can aford it, I would recommend buyin' a MIDI controller, if you wanna get fancy, get one that has drum pads on it... it will greatly simplify the process and you won't regret it. I think MIDI controllers start from $100 and upwards, but they're worth it. Or if you have a MIDI keyboard, just hook it up to your computer and you're good to go.

Peace!

5. 31093
    Sirus_Uno : Wed 20th Dec 2006 : 12 years ago

Get A Keyboard With Midi In And Out, Or M-Audio Trigger Finger. Theres Also Roland Spd And Akai Mpd... Midi Controllers With Pads. Just About $100-150.

6. 37415
    tnt : Fri 26th Jan 2007 : 12 years ago

Well i dont know if its a little late for this but i use BOME Keyboard which is a small program u can use with reason3 to make melos !! Its quite handy and i think u might like it plus its free. Anyone interested could ask me for an upload

7. 39704
    star_traveler : Thu 1st Feb 2007 : 12 years ago

Can anyone explain or post a link to how I can use my computer keyboard to control a variety of sounds with FL Studio at the same time?

I can control one sound at a time, but am having trouble on figuring out how to add a variety of different sounds together, to different keys on the computer keyboard, so I can play them all in realtime.

What I mean is, for example, how do I assign a bass drum sample to the key "q", snare drum sample to key "w", high hat to key "e", a crash cymbol to key "r" etc... so I can play the samples together like a real drum kit in realtime?

I'm am completely new to sampling and using FL studio, as you can probably tell.

Thanks very much for any help.

Posts 1 - 7 of 7

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads