Correct Forum??, Help With Loops On Ableton

Posts 1 - 6 of 6
  1. 36465
    Unknown User : Wed 26th Sep 2007 : 12 years ago

Hi. I am a fan of the site, and since I have taken much from it, I want to give back. I am having problems making loops though- I am not sure my settings are correct.

I use ableton live 6, is there anyone you tell tell me what I should set the render box parameters to when rendering a WAV sample specifically for this site?

TIA

2. 39029
    rei4real : Thu 27th Sep 2007 : 12 years ago

I'm not sure if I got you right, I don't use ableton ...
    but I think you mean this: wav, 44.1 MHz, 16 bit, Stereo, PCM Format
    this is the standard (I guess...)

hope that helps...

rei

3. 36465
    Unknown User : Thu 27th Sep 2007 : 12 years ago

rei thanks, but those were the things I knew
    I get some choices:
    1)normalize (should I say yes or no?)
    2)render as loop (should I say yes or no?)

and lastly obviously I should not choose mono over stereo, correct?

I am not sure what a PCM format is.....

4. 39029
    rei4real : Thu 27th Sep 2007 : 12 years ago

ok, I see ...

normalize: if your loops are yet normalized say no, if not, say yes (but listen to them after you rendered, just for safety, normalize means that the volume of the audio is set to the maximum level without clipping)
    reder as loop: yes
    and yes, you should stay stereo (this counts also for one's way of living, personally I try to live in dolby surround ... lol)
    PCM is the standard windows wave format, there exists a few more (like always ...)

peace, rei

5. 34972
    demolitionkid : Sat 29th Sep 2007 : 12 years ago

http://www.ableton.com/pages/tips/home anything you need should be there.if im making loops from something i set my markers for to make sure the beats hit right.then if i like the outcome of the timing(for the loop) i hit the save button ON THE LOOP ITS SELF.this will save my markers for further use so i dont have to get it in time everytime.when i export a loop i normalize it and yeah yiu can save as a loop but all that does is make a sfk or live file sayin that the file has been analyzed and is usable.it only works if you remember to move the sfk file (and sometimes ableton doc).ableton really makes things easy by allowing you to save the loop as a new one without having to export anything.so you can keep working while makin the loops and files youneed in one view.hope this helps

6. 36465
    Unknown User : Sun 30th Sep 2007 : 12 years ago

this actually does help. I know ableton offers a lot of information on the site but I of course have named all the gizmos something else in the language of me, so I get all loads of confused when I go there. I did not know you could hit a button to save just the loop itself, so that's cool. I had all my settings correct but my markers weren't at good points. I am trying to upload a whole bunch of hopefully cool vocal samples for you all, but I think I am going to do them without effects. Anyway back to looping.

Posts 1 - 6 of 6

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads