Rookie Here!! Ableton Live Question

Posts 1 - 2 of 2
  1. 53464
    KnowCanDo : Tue 19th Jun 2007 : 12 years ago

I know this probably has a very simple answer, but how do I record guitar\bass on a single track without recording the entire song onto one track. This has been pissing me off for months!! I just want to use the song as a guide to play along with but I only want to record the one track I am playing. I have been going to the end of the song, playing with no guide and then trying to insert the clip (never sounds on time!) It even records the metronome!!

help!!!

2. 34972
    demolitionkid : Thu 21st Jun 2007 : 12 years ago

ok heres what i did step for step.once you have a drum loop to use,go to the mixer view and change your drum tracks input from "ext in" to "no input".now set up a track for your guitar/bass.change the guitar tracks yellow button to an input orange button.im sure youve been doing that part already.i hope this helps.another tip is to set up a limiter compressor(comp 2) and turn your guitar or bass's input down so you dont clip the recording.it doesnt have to be super hot just somewhere near -6db.you need to leave room for dynamics.if the limiter is kickin on constanly bring down the output so the signal isnt squashed. :)

Posts 1 - 2 of 2

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.