Rookie Here!! Ableton Live Help

Posts 1 - 9 of 9
  1. 53464
    KnowCanDo : Tue 19th Jun 2007 : 12 years ago

I know this probably has a very simple answer, but how do I record guitar\bass on a single track without recording the entire song onto one track. This has been pissing me off for months!! I just want to use the song as a guide to play along with but I only want to record the one track I am playing. I have been going to the end of the song, playing with no guide and then trying to insert the clip (never sounds on time!) It even records the metronome!!

help!!!

2. 67443
    SLAPJOHNSON : Wed 20th Jun 2007 : 12 years ago

Which version is it you are using? I'm on 5.1, and that's the only one I have used, I suppose they are all based around the same system, anyway let me know what version and we will take it form there, regards Slap.

3. 53464
    KnowCanDo : Wed 20th Jun 2007 : 12 years ago

sup slap!
    sorry, I am using version 6.0.5
    hey, your tracks are pretty funky.... nice!

4. 67443
    SLAPJOHNSON : Thu 21st Jun 2007 : 12 years ago

Yo Dr! Let’s get down to nitty gritty of this problem. 1. Choose the view where you can see the whole tracks across horizontally (this is the view I always use). Make sure you only arm one track for recording in the far left hand column( on version 5.1 it only gives me this option maybe on 6 it allows more multi recording functions). If you are already sure it’s not that then go into options and choose preferences, make sure the set up is correct for the interface you are using (mine is set to line 6 ux2 tone port because that’s what I’ve got, yours has to be set up to your specific input and output), the whole system could be just looping at the moment it only sounds like a slight glitch. Anyway try that and let me know what happens, Slap

5. 34972
    demolitionkid : Thu 21st Jun 2007 : 12 years ago

hey you double posted!!!!! thats not cool ,you should only post once if you really want a response.i commented on your other post.

6. 53464
    KnowCanDo : Thu 21st Jun 2007 : 12 years ago

listen man, sorry.... I posted on the general chat forum before I realized there was a tech talk forum. Wont happen again, sir.

7. 34972

its no prob bro i was just bustin your balls alil bit :P

8. 34972

hey at least tell me if it helped though

9. 57195
    Dance_Inc : Mon 30th Jul 2007 : 12 years ago

Lol, i find Ableton so confusing.

LW

Posts 1 - 9 of 9

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads