Zeroing In On What LMAN Users Need

Posts 1 - 3 of 3
  1. 1564425
    Rasputin : Tue 23rd Aug 2022 : 1 month ago

Hi guys,

You know, I'm always surprised at how my loops get downloaded here on Looperman. When I put up a new loop, I literally have no idea how it will be received by other L'MAN users. Whether it will receive hundreds, even thousands of user downloads... or whether it will be a dud that no-one seems to be interested in.

How many times have I worked really long and hard in making a certain loop, only for it to be met with indifference... and conversely, there have been loops that I quickly tossed off... and they receive an avalanche of downloads, all over the world.

I treat this dilemma as kind of a mind-game, so I don't get my feelings hurt, necessarily, when a loop is unsuccessful, haha. But I do often wonder why, exactly, that loop failed. Sometimes I can speculate why... but other times I have no idea why a particular loop didn't do well.

So, in short: What kind off loops could I possibly make for you that might be well-aimed and well-received?

Best to you, ras

2. 1041668
    wikkid : Tue 23rd Aug 2022 : 1 month ago

Gee Ras, this is really considerate of you :)

Let me be the first to ask if you would please please, pretty please put up some old skol chords like (Aretha, Mavis, Gladys, etc) used to sing too. New artists like Jasmine Sullivan and H.E.R. have found great success with that old skol feel.

Notice too, that many commercials and shows are using the old skol vibe to sell their products. Ohhh and some old skol violins, those sweet sounding strings that were layered over some of the biggest hits, like say, Ode to Billy Joe and Ain't No Sunshine. And Cinematic Orchestral licks, with timpani, lots of dramatic tipami. Here's an example of what I mean. The Weekend's "Earned it": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89EljXJL4Qs

Thanks ever so much!!!!

3. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Tue 23rd Aug 2022 : 1 month ago

Ras, you have the best usable loops, across all available genres here, after Minor2Go, and he is gone for now. Man, I wish I could join you in that quest for making, off loops, that sounds cool. It would be a welcome break from the typical loops we see far too much of here. Best 2U!

Joe

Posts 1 - 3 of 3

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.