Beginners Help

Posts 1 - 8 of 8
  1. 2921361
    DEMYBU : Mon 16th May 2022 : 1 month ago

Hello my name is DEMYBU! I've started this thread so that people who are just now getting into music production can have helping hand by those who are experienced! So be the first one to lend a helping hand :)

P.S. Ill be more than likely be active on this site, Ill try to help you as far as my knowledge of music production goes

2. 5274386
    WhosElite : Fri 20th May 2022 : 1 month ago

ive got an question: when you download a loop, how do you use it in a song?

3. 2921361
    DEMYBU : Fri 20th May 2022 : 1 month ago

Reply To WhosElite: First look at the bpm,the bpm will tell you the beats per minute which ,unintentionally, tells you 3 things:

1.Genre:

knowing the bpm will 99% of the time tell you the genre. when using loops, make sure your loops fit your ideal bpm. But if you use Fl Studio your able to just simply fit-to-tempo or stretch the loop that doesn't fit your bpm

Style: Usually when you see the bpm, youll associate that bpm with a certain unique groove or style. when using a loop ask yourself "does this fit the style I want as is". If not you can always cut,mix,and master the loop you to how you want it

Mixing: When you listen to house or dubstep,youll notice that some genres have a unique mixing template that fits best to that genre. Like how dubstep (oldschool) is more low-end predominate while brostep has more mid-end predominate(This also depends on Sub-genres)

There's more to it when using loops like dynamics,automation,EQing. When I found out that specific sounds in your track needs to be mixed on certain ends(hertz) more than other (Just like how the subbass needs to be mixed more on the low end and leads and bass needs to be mixed more on the mid or high end ranges) think of it like this, If its more lowend,mix it more on the lowend(also watch out for peaking)

Now if you need help with something specific, ill be more than welcomed to resolve your question:), But as of now look into 3 things I said to look into Genre,Style,Mixing

Is this the Genre i want?

Do I like the way this loops make me fell and does it best fit my style(again you can always resample it to fit your style)?

Is this loop mixed? and if not,does it need to be mixed or is it fine as is?

4. 2921361

P.S. I just now notice that i said "bpm will tell you the beats per min" Obviously with my stupid self lmao :)

5. 2921361

Also what DAW are you using, every DAW has different rules on how you can use loops. sorry for the spam, ill usually type something and then immediately think of something to add on to it lol

6. 5274386

As of rn, garageband

7. 2921361

Reply To WhoElite: usually what youll need to do is find the DAW's file settings, find the loop you downloaded, and import im not familiar with garage band besides using it on a tablet for school,but from what im seeing you can easily find your answer by google searching it :)

8. 5274386

thanks!

Posts 1 - 8 of 8

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.