Acapella Section Update

Posts 1 - 12 of 12
  1. 1
    Looperman : Mon 4th Apr 2022 : 1 month ago

Following an audit of uploads to the acapellas section we must remind you that all uploads must be your own work.

That means your voice and your original lyrics.

We have started the process of suspending uploads that have not followed these rules but you can help us to speed up the process by managing your own uploads too. If you have any acapellas listed here that are not your own voice or not your own original lyrics please remove them.

We will also now be implementing the same routine we do for loop uploads whereby all new uploads are given a pending status and held in a queue to be moderated. While we can not guarantee to weed out all problem uploads it will help. We rely on you to moderate yourself though as much as possible.

In recent months some of you may have noticed a number of popular acapella sites being taken offline due to copyright issues. We have not received any takedown notices etc and while this wont be good news for some its for the greater good.

It may take a while to put these changes in place so please bear with us and thanks for understanding.

2. 172885
    Unknown User : Mon 4th Apr 2022 : 1 month ago

It's a start. Now how about blocking the Services from the guy who's continuing to violate Looperman terms and conditions by selling our acapellas on his own site, and using his looperman profile as an advert for his business?

3. 1547231
    Lek : Mon 4th Apr 2022 : 1 month ago

It might be better to allow uploads on a user by user basis as opposed to individual acapellas and provide some sort of facility to allow it to be easy to report users? If someone regularly uploads valid vocals the chances are they will continue to do so.

This isnt gonna stop fraud in itself but you will always get people who will try and sell stuff that is initially made free so I understand its difficult (read impossible) to completely stop.

4. 1553231
    randyrandomson : Mon 4th Apr 2022 : 1 month ago

It seems all of AAP's acapellas have been taken down so that's a great start

5. 4934360
    Unknown User : Mon 4th Apr 2022 : 1 month ago

Well im glad AAP have gone and cant abuse the site as he did before. Not sure why all ours have been suspended, they are wrote sang by me or i have licenses from the singers. But Rules are rules i guess and its good to audit them. good implementations shame aap had to ruin a good thing. x

6. 669751
    djoctx : Sun 10th Apr 2022 : 1 month ago

Hi :)
    That's a start, in fact I've seen the guy who has been quoted over and over here on Looperman selling and profiting from other people's vocals on other sites. (clearly without permission only with intentions to profit unduly)
    I'm glad to know that he won't be back here again.

Now a note, should this also apply to old and verified users who have always uploaded original content?
    I'll use myself as an example, I make my own lyrical compositions and recordings, I've been a vocalist and music producer for several years and I've been working with this for a good few years too.
    I've been a part of Looperman since 2011, always uploading original vocals for non-commercial or commercial use (depending on the situation).

Will this change be made in a general way?
    I'm asking because I usually like to upload my vocals here on the site weekly, especially on weekends and the idea of a pre-approval in general can generate a small delay between the day the vocal was uploaded here, and the day that in fact the vocal will be available.

Because I imagine you must receive a lot of vocals for approval weekly and the idea is always to get new collaborations, listeners and even new work (it usually works well on the weekend), especially when it comes to producers who intend to use the vocals commercially and then they send emails to vocalists asking about it.

But anyway..
    This is a start and I agree that the way things were, some malicious users took advantage of our content in an inappropriate way.

Greetings everyone :)
    Junior Paes.

7. 3071996
    melvatron : Mon 11th Apr 2022 : 1 month ago

Sounds like a great move. Well done for taking this step. Also thanks for getting rid of AAPofficial.

8. 172885
    Unknown User : Mon 11th Apr 2022 : 1 month ago

AAPofficial is still a member of the site, and can still download and sell your acapellas.
    They just can't upload acapellas from other sites anymore. It's a very half-arsed solution to the problem.

9. 1547231
    Lek : Mon 11th Apr 2022 : 1 month ago

The most important thing is he cannot now con people into producing remixes and then grabbing the list of links to scrape from soundcloud before getting them removed from there. At least not on here but obviously he can via his dodgy sites. So, he can still do it but its now a lot more difficult for him on this site at least.

How do you propose to stop him from downloading acapellas from here? You cant. Its impossible. He can just sign up again under another name and spoof his IP if necessary so youd never know it was him. In actual fact it is possible to download acapellas without even logging in but I wont say how obviously. Anything uploaded online can be stolen and sold. Its pretty easy but at least life has been made as difficult as it can be feasibly on here so it all helps.

10. 172885
    Unknown User : Mon 11th Apr 2022 : 1 month ago

We're still in a situation where a member who broke the law, exploited a whole bunch of users for commercial gain, and broke half a dozen of Looperman's most fundamental terms and conditions can still log in, download an acapella, and sell it on with zero inconvenience.
    Yeah, there'd be workarounds for people who knew how to use them. But not everybody is going to know how to do that, and it would at least be an additional inconvenience jumping through those extra hoops.
    There's no ambiguity as to whether what he's doing is legal/acceptable if he's banned for doing so. No more using the "the file says it's free for commercial use, so I'm using it like it's public domain whilst also claiming to be the sole owner of the rights" excuse if he's explicity warned/told that his account is suspended for violating that part of the terms. Otherwise you might as well be encouraging him to just carry on.
    In the past we've had members banned for being impolite, rude, lying, creating a second account, posting links to albums, and uploading a single loop which was in breech of copyright. It's mind-boggling that what AAPofficial has done isn't seen as worthy of a ban.

11. 1553231
    randyrandomson : Tue 12th Apr 2022 : 1 month ago

absolutely

12. 2678879
    Ashesndreams : Sat 16th Apr 2022 : 1 month ago

I cant upload acapellas anymore, even if the problem with my covers has been solved
    I removed all my covers from here, but for some reason the new acapellas that I have sent do not even appear in pending status, how can I solve it?

Posts 1 - 12 of 12

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.