Paywall Suggestion For Looperman Music Downloads

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 311209
    ShurelyTemper : Sat 12th Mar 2022 : 3 months ago

I think there is a business expansion idea for Looperman and its contributors. With increasing YouTube copyright strikes for background or incidental music usage. Would it not benefit Looperman and it's musically artistic creators and contributors, to operate a monthly subscription service for musical downloads, say a meagre $3.99 a month and any YouTube creator can download music for use in video creation. LM creators who upload original music can be paid per download, however small. Or is that wishful thinking?

2. 1547231
    Lek : Sat 12th Mar 2022 : 3 months ago

I'm tempted to say Shurely you can't be serious =) This has been suggested many, many times before and has been dismissed out of hand as far as can tell.

The whole selling point of the site is that it provides loops/acapellas for free so it's very unlikely to happen. To be honest, I think if this site became a subscription service the overwhelming majority of the users would leave in their droves which is probably the other reason it won't happen.

3. 669751
    djoctx : Sat 12th Mar 2022 : 3 months ago

I don't think that would work, the great idea here of Looperman is precisely the free DOWNLOADS but depending on what the author of Acapella, Loop chooses if you want to use something commercially you must contact the author and pay the commercial license (license not exclusive usually)
    If you limit usage and require a certain "payment" beforehand, this will automatically cause the site to lose many users and hits.

I myself have already achieved great collaborations, agreements and etc with many music producers through Looperman, although sometimes a user or another receives a TakeDown for improperly using my vocals in a commercial way without first acquiring a non-exclusive license, in my opinion the site works very well like that.

With the exception of some sites like Splice, most other sites have very little access and end up not being worth all the effort, especially if the user has to pay for something in advance (before even knowing if he will actually use that vocal or loop in an official release)

If you take into account that the price of the audio equipments is usually something well above 100 dollars, I also believe that $3.99 would be a much lower value than what a Loop is really worth and especially a vocal.
    $3.99 would be what the site would get from each signed user, but half of that would have to be passed on to users, it's definitely not something worthwhile.
    An exclusive vocal doesn't go for less than 100 dollars, a package of Loops, Effects and etc doesn't go for less than 19.99 dollars.

Anyway, that's my opinion :)

4. 3575071
    BraskoSama : Sun 13th Mar 2022 : 3 months ago

Firstly that's both a good idea and a bad idea, meaning for creators, they can make something from their stuff. However, the platform would lose more than 50% of it's users since most of us don't have such money to waste around, others don't even have it at all.

Most of us came to Looperman because it is free and simple to use, if it wasn't, I believe a platform just like this one would've been started over time. And if it happens to turn into a subscription service like u suggest, everyone would leave it for sure.

Though that's just how I see it, maybe I'm wrong.

Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.