Claim Your FREE Waves LOFI SPACE Plugin - Black Friday 2021

Albums Might Be Dead

Posts 1 - 10 of 10
  1. 4125067
    bringerofDOOM : Wed 24th Nov 2021 : 4 days ago

I have over 200 songs now, and I have started the slow process of converting them to video for youtube. Should I make an album. Should I just stick with playlists? If I do make an album should it be genre specific? What about a playlists?

What do you think?

2. 1553231
    randyrandomson : Wed 24th Nov 2021 : 4 days ago

You could make a couple hundred albums out of that many songs, I'd say release at least a few and put the rest into playlists.

3. 4125067
    bringerofDOOM : Wed 24th Nov 2021 : 4 days ago

This primary issue is time management. Most of the people I know use youtube, not spotify, and especially not soundcloud.

This means I have to make a video for every song, and I'm not satisfied with a static image (even though others have assured me there is nothing wrong with one).

I could do a mix of a master playlist, genre specific playlists, album playlists, and album playthroughs (one long video) to give people options.

This DIY world is a pain in the ass. Where is the "specialization and trade?"

4. 4153242
    MMLTBeats : Wed 24th Nov 2021 : 4 days ago

I would say do both. Instead of uploading an album right away, you could upload 1 or 2 tracks a week. Once you have the whole set, playlist them. Then drop the full project. It forces the algorithm to take you seriously. But also, the views will add up quicker. As for visuals, look up live wallpapers. But a static image is pro for your album.

5. 4125067
    bringerofDOOM : Thu 25th Nov 2021 : 4 days ago

Thanks for the input MMLTBeats. All of that makes sense. I didn't think of live wallpaper. I need to just settle for a static image and get it over with :D

6. 494061
    WatchWoods : Thu 25th Nov 2021 : 3 days ago

Are they actual songs with lyrics? If so you could do some lyric videos for some of the more stand out ones.

Besides that, I would say release each as a single video. Then go through and combine some into albums and put out an album length video for those. Then create playlists out of the singular videos (as many as you want, and can include songs on multiple playlists)

This give listeners a lot of options.

Also, I would suggest releasing these songs over the course of time rather than all at once. That way you can build anticipation and a fanbase that is waiting for your next track (unless you already have a larger audience or fanbase that is familiar with your music)

7. 4125067
    bringerofDOOM : Thu 25th Nov 2021 : 3 days ago

So far they are instrumentals, but that will change over time with further networking.

Yeah, that aligns with what most are saying WatchWoods. I'm going to have to create a workflow and produce a whole bunch of videos at once, and them time release them. This makes sense for me, since my work is seasonal and for part of the year my free time disappears.

I'm appreciating all the feedback. I can make music in my sleep, read it in all the clefs, and write for most instruments and genres in any key, time, or tempo, but the exposure execution into other mediums (like video) and other platforms is where I struggle the most (like most artists).

8. 5054986
    zonkymob : Fri 26th Nov 2021 : 2 days ago

what about a physical release/beat tapes in the form of vinyl or even cassettes? (also as a way to honor ''the old way of releasing msuic'' so to speak :P)
    i am aware of the fact that this practice is not very practical in the beginning as most of the music can be found on spotify etc. and it would cost you more than what you would get back in return, but some people do like collceting music in the form of ''dead mediums''.

9. 730222
    beatsandloops : Fri 26th Nov 2021 : 2 days ago

Send your music to record labels.

10. 4125067
    bringerofDOOM : Sat 27th Nov 2021 : 1 day ago

Yeah zonkybob, there may be an angle there, though that seems like a strategy for an artist or group that is already established. "Economies of scale" issues, so to speak.

beatsandloops could you elaborate the process?

Posts 1 - 10 of 10

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums