What If Your Loop Is A Hit

Posts 1 - 9 of 9
  1. 3480533
    BazNY845 : Fri 29th Oct 2021 : 6 months ago

Hi,i saw a post in one of the forums(i cant seem to find it now,maybe somebody will find it) and it was a list of big selling artists,advertisements etc that had used Loops from Looperman over the years,i was wondering what happens then..does the person that uploaded the loop get credited or even financially rewarded?

2. 1259162
    Wontolla : Fri 29th Oct 2021 : 6 months ago

It depends on the licensing you use. If you want credit or royalties, you have to specify.

3. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Fri 29th Oct 2021 : 6 months ago

"It depends on the licensing you use. If you want credit or royalties, you have to specify."

This is true for pellas, but not for loops.

These multi-platinum selling artists can use the loop, and not only do they not have to pay royalties, they don't have to give the loop maker recognition. Remember when you post a loop on Looperman, you are basically giving away any rights or claims you have on that loop. The only exception is that people cannot download your loop, and then call that loop their own (sell it in a loop pack for instance). So, short answer to your question, no credit and no financial reward.

4. 3480533

Wow,interesting,thank you

5. 3480533

Shortbusmusic I saw dr.dre used your loop in a superbowl commercial,is that right?,and you recieved no payment,with no recourse?

6. 500098

Yes sir, you are correct. Minor2Go was one of the most prolific loop writers ever, and he probably is responsible for more recent hit records than you can count. It is simply amazing how many hits his loops inspired. He didn't receive a dime, nor did he get much recognition and/or credit for all of his hard work. It is, unfortunately, the nature of the beast.

7. 3480533

and how did you find out your loop was used,you heard it or someone notified you?

8. 500098

A friend on here was using the loop in one of his songs, and he heard the song by Future that used the loop. He told me about it, and it was nice to hear the final product. If you use Shazam, you can usually find out if a loop has been used in a published song.

9. 3480533

Well ,congratulations,and thanks for all the insightful information

Posts 1 - 9 of 9

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.