Click Here for new free VSTs & plugins added daily

Stepping Back Into Production After A Long Break Advice Needed

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 643402
    mrchewson : Tue 2nd Feb 2021 : 2 months ago

So its been a while, I was really active here around 2011 to 2014, but kind of lost any passion for my own music mainly down to work and playing live in a band.

So as lockdown is going to last forever, I thought I would give it a go again.
    Luckily once you know Cubase its like riding a bike.
    I created a song out of an Acapella I downloaded from here, and I "think" it sounds pretty good,

However I am genuinly not sure, this is not a "please tell me the song is good thread" this is a please tell em what you would improve? be brutal! what would you change? :)
    https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/224080

2. 643402
    mrchewson : Mon 8th Feb 2021 : 2 months ago

wow tough crowd

3. 4688343
    gremlynn : Tue 9th Feb 2021 : 2 months ago

I think overall its pretty good; just needs a few tweaks. Ive been producing for like a year or so, so idk how valuable my opinion will really be to you, but heres what Id do.
    First, the vocal mix is a little rough (and it might be on the whole track to idk). But the vocal doesn't sound like its part of the song and its just being played over it, yk?
    Also at 1:05, when the bells come back in it feels forced. You might also pan them from left to right; not essential but it gives it more of an ambient effect.

Other than that its good. Ive been out of the electronic music scene for a while, but it always makes me smile when I see good tracks like this

4. 643402
    mrchewson : Tue 9th Feb 2021 : 2 months ago

@gremlynn Thank you! Valuable advice and I totally see where you're coming from I'll get to work on the vocals and bells tomorrow :D

Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums