Keep A Separate Independent Copy Of Your Backtracks

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 2689354
    jive4005 : Wed 27th Jan 2021 : 1 month ago

Going thru my tunes I noticed something. Whenever I make a new song I start with a backtrack and then add vocs. So very important that you (and I) keep an independent copy of just the backtrack in case you are going to use it as a backtrack for live shows OR want to re-do the track at some future time. OOPS... I noticed I have a handful of tunes where I forgot to do this. Guess I'm just stuck with those first tracks. I'm so mad at myself.

2. 1547231
    Lek : Wed 27th Jan 2021 : 1 month ago

@jive4005 don't you keep a copy of all your DAW projects? I never delete any DAW projects and I also periodically back them all up as well so I always have two copies. I never know when I might revisit a project to change the mix or do a remix for instance. If you do that you can then just export/render the project without the vocal track(s), so this would never be an issue for me. If you don't do that already I would strongly recommend you do that going forward.

3. 2689354

I don't have the memory (PC) available to keep all sectional track parts... but I (almost) always keep a backtrack apart from a full track. The backtracks I lost are from several yrs ago.

4. 1547231
    Lek : Wed 27th Jan 2021 : 1 month ago

My average project is only about 7M so they don't take up much disk space and I have a few hundred tracks on my machine. What happens if you delete the project and then someone later on points out an issue with your mix that you hadn't noticed? You're basically stuffed if you don't have the project. I'd always advise anyone to always keep the project if you possibly can.

5. 2689354

Thanks

Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums