Are There Options For Cheap And Isolated Headphones For Clients

Posts 1 - 11 of 11
  1. 2229378
    GeeHan : Wed 6th Jan 2021 : 1 year ago

I've recently started using the Phillips SHP2000 for clients for ADR sessions. Lately, they've been great with sound isolation but hard to buy locally. Just wanted to know if there are alternatives that I could look up.

2. 3951907
    carstenprd : Thu 7th Jan 2021 : 1 year ago

my go-to headphones are definetely the beyerdynamics (beyerdynamics dt770 pro 250 ohms). they are great for long sessions and wont hurt because of the velour. The price is around 120 so absolutely acceptable for the sound and quality. For me personally this was a super great purchase for producing. Of course you can buy it from Amazon but i would prefer buying it from a different shop. Hope i could help you out.

3. 3951907
    carstenprd : Thu 7th Jan 2021 : 1 year ago

ive seen that you want cheap ones... my mistake... look up on youtube "10 isolated headphones for under 50$" or something. just pick a headphone that sounds good and look up the reviews etc.

4. 2993649
    prodgocabe : Thu 7th Jan 2021 : 1 year ago

check out the ATH-M30x got them for like 80$ at guitar center, quality is solid

5. 2160344
    callmedezz : Fri 8th Jan 2021 : 1 year ago

Hey man, I have Presonus HD 7's and they're only 35 British price.

6. 2229378
    GeeHan : Fri 8th Jan 2021 : 1 year ago

@carstenprd
    Dont worry, all comments are welcome. The ear pads look comfy. It could be an alternative option for mixing usage for the office actually. We normally use the ATH-M40x in the office and I'm not a big fan of it. The adjustment is so flimsy its easy to break. Careless interns could just rip it apart. There's probably 2-3 broken here in the office lmao. Personally, i'd get the DT770 only for the ear pads. My samson SR850 ain't that comfy haha.

Yea I looked up some online and on youtube. But honestly, the best place to even find or know any good headphones is go to a headphone/music store. I wont even know if they're worth it if i dont try them. But it doesn't hurt to ask people online. Lockdown sucks.

Thanks for the help!

7. 2229378

@prodbygocabe
    I'll take the ATH into consideration. Maybe I'm just traumatized but a lot of ATH headphones have flimsy phone adjustments.

8. 2229378

@itzzID
    This one is my list actually when I was surfing online. It has a similar design to the Samson SR850. I use the SR850 a lot for production usage, and there's still leakage at 50%. How does the HD7 hold up? Does it leak out also when you set the monitor to 50%, 75%?

9. 1547231
    Lek : Fri 8th Jan 2021 : 1 year ago

I have the same headphones as @carstenprd. They are best headphones I've used. The only complaint I have is that they can make not so great mix/masters sound really good (so probably doesn't really count as a complaint) so I have to switch between those and different (cheaper) headphones to listen to the results for comparison. This is all because I have to mix/master using headphones for reasons I won't get into. But yeah those headphones are excellent if your budget can stretch that far.

10. 2229378
    GeeHan : Sat 9th Jan 2021 : 1 year ago

@Lek
    If you're not comfy with the frequency response then it still counts as a complaint actually. But if they're not so great for mixing/mastering for you, it's probably not your type of headphone then. A common journey for music producers is finding the right monitoring.

But I get your frustration though. I was on that same train moving back and forth testing out my mixing. That's why now a days I just have a monitoring chain in my Master out to compensate with my SR850's frequency response.

11. 1547231
    Lek : Sat 9th Jan 2021 : 1 year ago

Thats not what I meant really. They are very good for mixing/mastering its just I like to also try the master on cheaper headphones because though it might sound great on really good headphones it might not sound so good on cheaper ones. I wouldnt swap the ones I have. They have also taken a lot of knocks over the years and are still going strong. If they ever do pack up working Ill be buying the same set again.

Posts 1 - 11 of 11

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.